3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
I'm not saying this is your issue, but it's what worked for me....

I subscribe to several threads. Previously when I would launch the website, I would click on the notification bell and open each thread listed as recently updated. To open them, I would click the scroll wheel because it opened them in a separate tab. If there were enough tabs, especially threads with lots of images, the site would become unresponsive.

The text would usually load, but the images would just stop. I'd have to walk away for several minutes before the site would start talking to me again.

I recently started pausing between launching new tabs, or just viewing them one at a time and the issue went away. I'm assuming that the rapid fire page loading was triggering the sites security measures and I was being temporarily blocked.

Once again, I don't know if this will resolve your issue since it is related to a unique way of viewing the content on the site, but hopefully it will help someone if it doesn't help you.
It mostly like the browser then the site itself. I have the same issue time to time. But for me who looking at this site from a phone. Who internet is Shakey at times. But the Google chrome app. Tend to load sites slow despite how fast the internet connection.

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
I'm working on a window rain-drop geometry shell, texture, and material that will work on a variety of surfaces.

Still, at the very early stages of development. I might sell it in the future. Who knows, maybe give it out for free. ;)

For the time being, I'll be testing them in my game's upcoming update.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
Like this
Sorry if my English is poor, but I was not referring to rain. When you add rain to the scene, your objects remain dry. Water drops, moistures, foggy textures, and other elements can be seen on the car's glass windows and body. You can make things look wet under rain using a geometry shell or decal nodes.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Sorry if my English is poor, but I was not referring to rain. When you add rain to the scene, your objects remain dry. Water drops, moistures, foggy textures, and other elements can be seen on the car's glass windows and body. You can make things look wet under rain using a geometry shell or decal nodes.
Ah I understand now. I thought the one l link had it. But after taking a careful look I see what you mean now.

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
something lik this or this from Daz

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva

After Choices

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Mar 21, 2021
something lik this or this from Daz
Those are fantastic shaders. I haven't tried them, but shader and geometry shell behave differently in these circumstances. Because if you apply those beautiful shaders to the car body, the entire vehicle will be transformed into glass. A geometry shell, on the other hand, simply adds another layer on top or beneath the applied surface, leaving the original layer untouched.

But yeah, they are perfect for plain glass surface.

However, geometry shells are not always optimal because there is a lot of customizing required between UV mapping and determining the flow of water direction. In this sense, the decal node is not a better but preferable alternative.

Last edited:
  • Red Heart

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020
I'm working on a window rain-drop geometry shell, texture, and material that will work on a variety of surfaces.

Still, at the very early stages of development. I might sell it in the future. Who knows, maybe give it out for free. ;)

For the time being, I'll be testing them in my game's upcoming update.
Kool !! (y) I also see that you have the same problem that I do with vehicles, and HDRI settings :) How ever hard I try to keep the tires on the ground.... It just ain't happening :)

• Red Heart
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes