3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

oaiki

Mar 19, 2020
Yes, it is possible to create your own UV mapping, not simply a surface. You still don't understand it, but if you insist, please allow me to explain it again. Or you may simply disregard the following.

The geometry tool and the geometry shell are not the same thing.

In brief, anatomy tools such as Golden Palace, Dicktactor, and Wet and Tanned Body all employ geometry shell. They do not use the geometry tool to create a new surface from the same UV map. It is not user-friendly. And it has no chance against laying another layer on top.

The Geometry Tool, also known as the Gemetry Editor, is a tool used to modify the polygons and vertices of an object. I read the above link a long time ago. In the first link, they use the geometry tool to choose a portion of an object and then generate a surface from that selection. When you leave the DAZ Studio, you can do a lot more. I've been considering uploading it for a long time. Once I've updated my game, I'll include instructions on how to unwrap UV and create entirely new material zones.

Yes, getting what you want is the most essential thing. But...

Assume you wish to place the raindrop and steam structure on a polished surface. Because the table is bright, it must already contain some roughness maps. Metallic, glossy, dual lobe, top coat, and so on are some examples. Your prior roughness maps will be lost if you replace the rain texture on your table. You can attempt adding LIE, but you will be severely constrained in terms of functionality compared to what Geometry shell can do.

Since you mentioned customizing, you can't just rotate on a surface with two polygon directions determined by UV mapping. Occasionally it will appear fine, and sometimes it will not. So you might want to learn how to make a fresh UV map. That's why people utilize 3D painting tools such as Adobe Substance Painter. You don't have to worry about UV direction while using these programs since what you see is what you get. If the UV map is simple enough, photo editing tools such as Photoshop may be used to follow the uv direction.

For example, if you rotate the map in one way but your shirt has one direction for arms and one direction for body, as you previously stated, you will need to design your own surface and rotate the surfaces accordingly. When you have a complicated item, this will take a long time. In this case, employing 3d painter or carefully painting in photo editors while following the orientation of the UV map is the best option. Because geometry shell cannot generalize all objects, specialized products such as Golden Palace for GENESIS 8 FEMALE exist. GENESIS 8 Male's wet and tanned body. Because various UV maps need the use of different custom geometry shells. In these circumstances, neither your strategy nor mine are user-friendly or ideal.
Thank you, I am still at the start of my journey and have lots to learn

• Red Heart
Reactions: After Choices

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
Oh come oooon...The feet argument again! Bloody fetishists :D

Seriously though. That's all good advice, but you might want to explain stops. Not everyone comes from a photography background and if they did, I'd expect them to know those three things already.

One more I'd add is the background. Based on your point about vignetting, I'd suggest if the background is rendered to use DoF to blur it, or if it's added on post to blur it there. Also to keep it more muted than the subject as far as colors are concerned and brightness, unless they go for a very specific hi key look.

But my biggest gripe is the anatomy here. The waist is very unrealistic compared to the rest of her. That'd be caused either by a corset which is missing, or she'd be very very sick. And she doesn't look very very sick.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Leeduva

Tulrek

Oct 25, 2020
Ok back to daz after rough start and change of OS... So nothing fancy, no light work, no background...
Her name is Blue Pheonix, The heroïne of my cyberpunk novel I started to wrote when I was a teenager. The model is not set, I'm just started with the basics.
BP_MOTO_2.png

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Any advice on how I can make this render better?
Exposure seems a bit high in general, and I'd put a key light or rim light into the scene to balance things out. If you're using HDRI lighting, you'll need to balance the environment light with the scene lights, or get some new HDRIs that mimic extra lights. (like Click N Render IBL) If you're fond of your backdrop you can always render without the dome and put it back in post. If you're not sure about exposure at all, there is a little tool to calculate and set it for you when iray is the active viewport display mode. It's right next to the button to switch, and just drag a box over the brightest part of your model to have it calculate exposure for you. If you ever really mess it up, Exposure Value of 13 is default in Render Settings. m4dsk1llz is right about editing things in post, and you can also do vignetting right in DAZ if you want.

Eyes are the other thing that sticks out as something that can be improved. Her lower eyelids seem too open to me. She's not quite looking into the camera in a studio style photo. If you are using Genesis 8.1, there are some fairly competent automatic eyelid controls, but you can never go wrong by manually tweaking until they look right. For the eyeballs themselves, select each eye, and set Point At to your camera for easy alignment. This will slow down your scene a bit if you need to adjust the camera and your PC isn't strong, and you'll need a camera set instead of just perspective view.

Do you have a bend morph package? Depending on if you like neck tendons and knee details to be visible, there are a number of solutions that will add in those details that DAZ doesn't. They also correct a lot of weird leg and arm bend behavior. U.N.B.M, Auto Shape Enhancer, and Chameleon Rose for G8 (all can be found on this site) all will help there, and each work similar but look a fair amount different. Mix and match or find your favorite.

If you are quite new to DAZ, or haven't gone into a lot of guides, you may be rendering on CPU instead of GPU. If you have an NVIDIA graphics card, the Iray renderer is a lot faster on it compared to CPU. It's easily 30x faster, even comparing a $500 CPU to a $250 GPU. Go to Render Settings, click on the Advanced tab, and ensure you have only your GPU selected to force it to render on the appropriate hardware. If your GPU is part of the 10 series (like 1060), you likely will need to update your GPU drivers to ensure that Iray is compatible. There's a lot to say here about optimizing for less powerful hardware, so if you think this is applicable feel free to PM me.

Edit: and if you're using a not so great PC, set your model's subdivision level low enough that you can pose and morph without waiting too long for it to appear in the viewport.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Imagine going to the sauna and meeting one of your favourite models, only to find she's a huge fan of you too. Imagine instantly becoming friends and even talking about collaborating on some projects. Well, Bailey doesn't have to imagine as she met Ren and now the two are planning on a girls night out. But first, a selfie. And Ren imagining Bailey's tongue at work.

BaileyRenSelfie.png

(Tried my hand at going for a photo-quality image for the post editing.)

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
More Stuff
Leeduva
Ah, yes f-stops. this is just dirty math speak for either doubling or halving the overall exposure of an image. So decimals will equal less than halving or doubling and mean slight changes in overall exposure. In DAZ speak this is the Exposure Value slider in the Tone Mapping section of Render Setup.

Backgrounds are important. In my scene I used a 'real world' background. those tend to distract from the object of the picture so as atheran mentions blurring it makes it easier for your eyes to focus on what is important in the image. Your image has a more Photo Studio like background so blurring is less of an issue. Your background choice doesn't negate the use of depth of field, but it's less important. DOF is in the DAZ Camera settings and there are plenty Youtube videos that explain its use in DAZ.

I have no comments about the model herself. we all know what we like and don't like.

Reactions: BigIrishLug

Parmenion1405

Dec 27, 2017
dominate her.jpg prettyface.jpg

Ok I know the background in pic one is off, but I am struggling to install 3rd party content I have, cos even if I put the stuff into the right path on my pc, I always get a warning that something is missing in the "Data" folder (depending on what I want to load it can be more than 20 things are missing...) but I am getting there. Especially the 2nd pic is the first I could make without massive graining in the eyes

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes