3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

LewdFinity

Jul 21, 2022
So, this time a question for y'all, I understand, this is not quite fitting in a "show your skill", as it is more like a "show how unskilled you are", but here we go ...
A little snippet of a render I recently done, and I found it to be annoying a.f. before, but ignored it then:
View attachment 2002074
View attachment 2002075
Now I encountered this problem again, and it is annoying, still. It depends on the skin used, sometimes it is more visible than other times, but it is there; on some skins it is not visible at all, maybe in these cases it not there at all, I don't know...
Assets:
- G8/G8.1
- Iray skin
- DeepSpace3D Moneyshotz Overflow G8 prop 03d (which is a wearable/smartpropped)
- just environment lights (the DAZ HDRI default), no additional lights in any form
- a CUM PROPACK 3 prop made to fit the bodyshape with Meshgrabber (and no wiered colorplay at all)
... and of course Iray render
Oh, and on DAZ4.20.0.2

The problem is that red-ish "outline" (it's not an outline per-se, I know, It shows the form of the Prop itself)
I THINK it has to do with SSS, but I can't for the heck of it, figure out how to get rid of it.

Any hints, recommendations, anything? :oops:
Not sure, but it could be a problem with polygon collisions (I mean when some polygons going through another). Check if this cum prop is going through the body itself, and if so, try to offset it a little bit.
Check if this prop has "expand" adjustment and play with it, or just move it out of body with "Translate Tool".

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020

3DReaver

Formerly 'grohotor'
May 15, 2020
For everyone out there, wondering what my previous post would be looking like ... here you are
View attachment 2002641 View attachment 2002642 View attachment 2002643 View attachment 2002645 View attachment 2002646
In the end I changed the shader to the fluids, so there is no wonky colour effect rendered.
But the question from my last post still stands: Anyone to explain this?
I see this effect when the genitalia doesnt match the torso. Seeing on the jizz is kind of weird. As someone else said it looks like intersecting geometry. If you cant move it try adding a push modifier to it and up the subdivision. Dont add a lot to the push, 0.1 should do the job.

a l i n k o , dam thats a great house and its from 2019. Hate the 1 room style approach thats so popular on daz

Last edited:
Reactions: mastergobbo

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
So, this time a question for y'all, I understand, this is not quite fitting in a "show your skill", as it is more like a "show how unskilled you are", but here we go ...
A little snippet of a render I recently done, and I found it to be annoying a.f. before, but ignored it then:
View attachment 2002074
View attachment 2002075
Now I encountered this problem again, and it is annoying, still. It depends on the skin used, sometimes it is more visible than other times, but it is there; on some skins it is not visible at all, maybe in these cases it not there at all, I don't know...
Assets:
- G8/G8.1
- Iray skin
- DeepSpace3D Moneyshotz Overflow G8 prop 03d (which is a wearable/smartpropped)
- just environment lights (the DAZ HDRI default), no additional lights in any form
- a CUM PROPACK 3 prop made to fit the bodyshape with Meshgrabber (and no wiered colorplay at all)
... and of course Iray render
Oh, and on DAZ4.20.0.2

The problem is that red-ish "outline" (it's not an outline per-se, I know, It shows the form of the Prop itself)
I THINK it has to do with SSS, but I can't for the heck of it, figure out how to get rid of it.

Any hints, recommendations, anything? :oops:
It is a combination of light scattering underneath the skin (not SSS*) and the intersecting mesh of the prop.

*thanks to the intersection additional light pours through the liquid under the skin and illuminates it there. As you figured out, you can reduce the effect by changing the settings of the material.

Reactions: mastergobbo

Shoe_Lac3

Jun 6, 2018
In the end I changed the shader to the fluids, so there is no wonky colour effect rendered.
But the question from my last post still stands: Anyone to explain this?
Indeed, the effect is produced when the prop intersects with the body mesh.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And the effect is more prominent when the body's translucency weight is higher/more contrast.

I suspect this has to do with how SSS is handled/faked in DAZ Iray (Uber Shader) - "a paper thin box with volumetric inside", instead of a solid with SSS. An interesting discussion can be found on .

Essentially, the light passing through the skin - usually absorbed by the volume, is being reflected by the prop onto the back of the (paper thin) skin, thus the glowing effect.

Also this effect doesn't seem to be present in the newer PBR shaders.

I did not look through the node groups to know EXACTLY how, but most likely due to SSS is handled differently in the PBR shaders.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes