3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

QuinAdren

Aug 18, 2021
Hi, I love your art and if I am guessing well you are into a sandbox game development. The market is getting very competitive with almost daily releases of new projects. In my opinion sandbox with out proper guidance and grinding are the main reasons for someone to avoid a game. KR
I like sandbox games. I am going to make it a sandbox if I can, and it's not necessary that every sandbox is or should be grindy.

Rizo

Jul 29, 2017
Just messing around with random model and clothing. Thought I'd share. But I also have a question for the more expierenced.
A few people have asked if I have a patreon for hi-res and uncensored, but I don't for the simple fact that like most people here I didn't buy all my assets. So I'm unsure as to the legal grey-area when it comes to having a patreon and charging for hi-res/uncensored work since I didn't pay for the assets even though I put the time into the end render. I'm torn. I'd love to get some input from others. I don't think I'll start one any time soon either way, just wanted to know how it goes for those in a similar situation.
(side note- I fucking love this dress, the pinch morphs make it looks perfect)
MEssing-Around.png

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Indeed, the effect is produced when the prop intersects with the body mesh.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

And the effect is more prominent when the body's translucency weight is higher/more contrast.

I suspect this has to do with how SSS is handled/faked in DAZ Iray (Uber Shader) - "a paper thin box with volumetric inside", instead of a solid with SSS. An interesting discussion can be found on .

Essentially, the light passing through the skin - usually absorbed by the volume, is being reflected by the prop onto the back of the (paper thin) skin, thus the glowing effect.

Also this effect doesn't seem to be present in the newer PBR shaders.

I did not look through the node groups to know EXACTLY how, but most likely due to SSS is handled differently in the PBR shaders.
Thanks for your rather detailed answer!
So, if I understood this whole thing correct, there is no "easy" way to to get rid of such annoyance, other than "pushing it out of the way" or changing the shader for the prop.
Unfortunately, manipulating the prop is more of a hassle than a simple shader change, because it is so "large" AND smartpropped to the body, so there is no changing "Y" on prop or the hip, because of the morph it sticks to some parts more than others. I could unparent it, then re-parent it inplace, that should work, but ist is not worth the expense.

Thanks again!

Reactions: Shoe_Lac3

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
It is a combination of light scattering underneath the skin (not SSS*) and the intersecting mesh of the prop.

*thanks to the intersection additional light pours through the liquid under the skin and illuminates it there. As you figured out, you can reduce the effect by changing the settings of the material.
Thanks for your answer!
It seems, for me the quickest and easiest solution is exactly that - apply other shaders. Although it is anything but easy to find/create somewhat realistic looking cumshader, especially for slightly larger props.

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I see this effect when the genitalia doesnt match the torso. Seeing on the jizz is kind of weird. As someone else said it looks like intersecting geometry. If you cant move it try adding a push modifier to it and up the subdivision. Dont add a lot to the push, 0.1 should do the job.
Thanks for your answer!
Manipulating the prop "out of th way" sadly is not very practical with especially this size of smart-propped ... props.
I have done that with the puddle between her breast, and that was doable. For the prop in question, it's not so easy, and to be honest, I do not see the reward in trying, because "moving" doesn't work (wearable smartprop, so you have to use the hip, but you can't push the whole object because it "sticks" on portions more than others - it "warps").
On top of that, if you do it like that, the intended effect of a "fluid" appearance vanishes, because the whole prop becomes visible.

I think Iwill have to play with a geoshell or dforce prop, or do postwork effects ... which I am NOT good in :(

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes