3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
A render that took all night. I wanted to try something different. I wanted to render a character that wasn't a figure, like victoria8/8.1,Akiko 8, the girl 8, etc... So I only use head and body morphs. It is better than my last renders. But I seriously need to master daz3d. And learn Postwork.im getting a new laptop tomorrow and after doing some research planning on buying poser element 2022.
cs 2.jpg cs 3.jpg cs.jpg

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Not sure, haven't put much thought into it. I don't know enough yet about how to package up postures and many that I have saved when I add them on other characters I might have to rotate or change the heights to get them back into position. Mostly I have been wanting to build up my database of postures to work on a game concept I slowly have brewing. I might add them to my patreon that I did a bunch of yoga poses for HS2.

The way to package Poses is like this (simple example), you have to make the pose on a Genesis 8 Male/Female, Base figure, with no morphs, just as it comes when you load it. The Only Thing you can do is 'Custom Colour' the Figure, Usually done as Blue for G8M, Red for G8F. If you have 'Props' within the Pose, like chairs or beds, change the 'Prop' to a simple square cube, unless your making the 'Pose' for Specific Items, then use that 'Prop'. Use simple lighting, and a plain background colour. Save each pose as you go along as a .duf file & Image, Named & Numbered them the same other than putting an M or F at the end,
So something like this ''XXXXG8 001F'' or ''XXXXG8 001M'' for a sitting pose. You'd then need to do the same thing for Genesis8.1M/F only changing the 'pose name' to ''XXXXG8.1 001F'' or ''XXXXG8.1 001M''. There is a way that 'Poses' need to be packaged for exporting to a simple Zip File, containing a Content Folder with Data, People Folder's for each G8M, G8F, G8.1M & G8.1F Poses so it should be a Data Folder & a G8 Folder containing both G8f & M Folders, & a G8.1 folder containing G8.1F & M Folders. Check it loads okay by Deleting the poses within Daz Studio, & Install them from your .zip file, or share out 5 or 6 copies here with people you know or ask for 'Victims.....Eeerrr Volunteers' to try out your pack of poses, from your Copied Master Zip file, then wait for the replies that 'xxy' doesn't work or a thumbs up that it does work properly.

The reason you use a 'Basic G8M or F' is that it should work across any G8 figure, with a minimum of adjustments for more extreme morphs. There are several Forum Threads in the Daz Forums on how to package poses, & probably a Thread or two here as well. As for ways to Sell your Poses, it's best to start with some Free Sets, you need to get a name for yourself as a 'Maker of Great Poses' before you offer bigger sets for sale....Start of with Renderosity's Free Downloads, or RenderHub, Deviantart, Patreon accounts. Once you've got a name for yourself you can move to being a Vendor/Seller & asking for Money for them.

drconfused

Mar 30, 2022
The reason you use a 'Basic G8M or F' is that it should work across any G8 figure, with a minimum of adjustments for more extreme morphs.
Most of what I have posted here has been on either a straight up G8F or G8.1F model because I figured that would be the best to use for transferring between morphs.
So far my workflow has been like this:
1) open my specific file for that pose series which contains the G8.1F file and her wearables (my current poses are all on this model with few exceptions), a basic light setup, a floor with a wood shader, 3 walls with a gold metal shader.
2) open up my database of yoga images and choose the next variation (from years of teaching and practice I have broken down the poses into hundreds of variations in just under 10 thousand images) I use these for my reference, if I find that specific variation doesn't have enough images I do a deep dive into images to find that specific variant and clean up those images for my database.
3) open up timeline and move to a new keyframe and start posing the next variation of that series.
4) once happiness has been achieved with the look I want I then save as Pose Preset, navigate to my preset pose folder, name the file (Sanskrit name - English name #of variation.duf), uncheck the Genesis 8.1 Female open the hierarchy and check the Hip bone, click save.
5) Make a render with scene only environment turned on, tweak the lights and maybe do some rotating of the model to get the composition I want.
6) Make a render with dome only environment turned on, turn on my folder of instances of the model go into the Front View perspective and make sure the instances are properly spaced as they all already have the rotations established for the turn around shot.
7) save scene and go post here and on deviant art.

Typically I am finding one posture takes anywhere from an hour to 3 to complete, depending on if I have already positioned a portion on another pose which I just use the ctrl + double click to import just the selected area, usually that needs tweaking to fit though and many times I just scrap it to start back at zero for that area. The more complex the limb movement the more time I spend thinking from experience of practice and teaching how that specific joint moves and act it out and look at the reference material, I want the look of that specific area to match as close to the real world as I can make it.

The series that I am making sets for are as follows: Arm Balance, Backbends, Coronal Plane Series, Hip Opener Series, Inversion Series, Kneeling Series, Prone Series, Sitting Series, Squatting Series, Standing Series, Supine Series.

Ideally I would break each and every series/posture down into subfolders which would include: Full Body, Upper Body, Lower Body, Left Arm, Right Arm, Hands, Left Leg, Right Leg, Head & Neck, Feet, Dristi (Eyes).

What I am not happy about at this point that prevents me from sharing the preset pose duf files is that my flow state still hasn't completely incorporated the idea of when to translate the position from the hip node and found that sometimes I have moved it from the base character or even the folder group containing the character assets, so when I load poses like that they definitely don't align.

So having said all that at some point I will be wanting some victimolunteers to go through my poses. lol.

Gahanan

Apr 29, 2021
Some of you may remember my femboy/trap I posted some weeks ago (if not, you can check it here (has nudes) if you're into that or just want to see the progress). Here's a small update.
I've since been trying to time-reverse the character ("pre-trap"), as well as do a significant amount of body and facial sculpting. What you're about to see is an attempt to turn G8F male.

femboy_pre_render_bust_1.png

I'm quite happy with the face. I could likely do with some better eyes, and the lips could possibly do with a different texture and normal map.

The body is where things become challenging.

femboy_pre_render_fullbody_1_cropped.png
G8F is obviously not designed for a male chest and squared pectorals, so this required a serious amount of time and work. The entire body needed to be re-sculpted. I am still not entirely satisfied with it, but it's the best I have been able to achieve so far. There are other, more complicated methods available, such as splitting the whole model in two and applying a G8M body and a G8F face. However, I want to be able to smoothly transition him between states, so I reckon that excludes that option.

Another challenge that I wasn't quite prepared for is that when you are using a female base, it is very easy to have the character end up looking childish due to the innately emasculated features. The character currently stands at around 5'11, but without a reference he appear much smaller.

In general, I'm content with the steps forward, but I would enjoy hearing opinions on what looks right, what looks wrong, as well as tips for any who may have attempted a similar undertaking.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes