3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I'm on this wet&dforce thing myself atm, it's hard to get believable results for someone being in water, having wet hair and being wet, AND having a somewhat believable effect on the water ... without using postwork. Especially if you do not have the skill to get it done in post ;)
I am with you there!
I used a wet skin mod for it, though it is not needed. You can edit the skin surface properties and adjust things like reflectivity etc... and get a wet look just as well. The wet hair is easy enough to use, I just hate waiting for dforce simulations (which sometimes explode the hair and you have to restart). There is wet hair that is not dforce though that is posable, that's what I normally use.

For the ripples in the water in these renders, that is really simple, the following add on allows you to select the figure, click the ripple and it will be added. You just need to adjust the height (Y-direction) to match the water it is in:

I don't do any postwork. I try to do it all in Daz.

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
getting creative with meshes ...

As you could see in my last post here intimacy, I am working with a somewhat ... moist :cool: surrounding, and was thinking, it would be nice to get not just a "water-y" surface and (eventually) wet skin for anybody actually being in water, and thus likely being wet.
So I THOUGHT to manipulate the original watersurface in the poolmodel, but that idea went straight down the drain, because the surface ist just a 1x1 grid with no divisions. So, no maipulating vertices, because, there are none :confused:
I know, potentially there is a shitload of methods to get these mesh-manipulations done, but I am happy I can use DAZ somewhat ok, working with blender and such is no option.
Meshgrabber (my 3rd-party DAZ go-to tool of all time) can't be used, so what can I do?
My idea: remove the original pool-surface, replace it with a plane primitive and give it "sufficient" divisions, and give the new waterplane a propper watershader.
That's what it looks like:
waterplanes_compare.jpg
Im not totally happy, especially the refraction urks me, but all in all it looks good, I think.
The reflecting lights looks very "edgy", but I would have to use much higher textures AND much mur vertices, which is not practical.
I think for a relatively easy work, it looks ok enough.
Not to forget, there are watersplashes and wetskin missing atm, when that's added, it will probably look a ton better.
I'm putting 01 & 04 in the spoiler with much higher res.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I used a wet skin mod for it, though it is not needed. You can edit the skin surface properties and adjust things like reflectivity etc... and get a wet look just as well. The wet hair is easy enough to use, I just hate waiting for dforce simulations (which sometimes explode the hair and you have to restart). There is wet hair that is not dforce though that is posable, that's what I normally use.

For the ripples in the water in these renders, that is really simple, the following add on allows you to select the figure, click the ripple and it will be added. You just need to adjust the height (Y-direction) to match the water it is in:

I don't do any postwork. I try to do it all in Daz.
thanks for your reply! I tend to go overboard with details most of the time :) and think way too complicated in how to solve a certain problem.
I will test your "ripples and wakes" addon, maybe it fits better in my scene ... thanks!
Was testing how wetskin would look ... mostly very nice, just for my G81M it would not work, so I used gloss&reflective, but taht looks more oily...

Reactions: erikus

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
getting creative with meshes ...

As you could see in my last post here intimacy, I am working with a somewhat ... moist :cool: surrounding, and was thinking, it would be nice to get not just a "water-y" surface and (eventually) wet skin for anybody actually being in water, and thus likely being wet.
So I THOUGHT to manipulate the original watersurface in the poolmodel, but that idea went straight down the drain, because the surface ist just a 1x1 grid with no divisions. So, no maipulating vertices, because, there are none :confused:
I know, potentially there is a shitload of methods to get these mesh-manipulations done, but I am happy I can use DAZ somewhat ok, working with blender and such is no option.
Meshgrabber (my 3rd-party DAZ go-to tool of all time) can't be used, so what can I do?
My idea: remove the original pool-surface, replace it with a plane primitive and give it "sufficient" divisions, and give the new waterplane a propper watershader.
That's what it looks like:
View attachment 2086039
Im not totally happy, especially the refraction urks me, but all in all it looks good, I think.
The reflecting lights looks very "edgy", but I would have to use much higher textures AND much mur vertices, which is not practical.
I think for a relatively easy work, it looks ok enough.
Not to forget, there are watersplashes and wetskin missing atm, when that's added, it will probably look a ton better.
I'm putting 01 & 04 in the spoiler with much higher res.

Nice work! I'm not sure if this will help at all, but have you tried adding a subdivision modifier? I done up a quick screenshot of it here...
Screenshot 2022-10-06 200219.jpg
You click on the plane, then follow those menu prompts and Convert to SubD which then allows you to subdivide it into higher and higher resolutions. It basically takes your geometry and divides each square by two, effectively adding in more "vertices". Each level you raise it (on the right side under Mesh Resolution), divides it further, exponentially increasing the polygons, so be careful. But it could possibly help... if I understand your problem, which i am not sure I do fully. ;)

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Nice work! I'm not sure if this will help at all, but have you tried adding a subdivision modifier? I done up a quick screenshot of it here...
View attachment 2086055
You click on the plane, then follow those menu prompts and Convert to SubD which then allows you to subdivide it into higher and higher resolutions. It basically takes your geometry and divides each square by two, effectively adding in more "vertices". Each level you raise it (on the right side under Mesh Resolution), divides it further, exponentially increasing the polygons, so be careful. But it could possibly help... if I understand your problem, which i am not sure I do fully. ;)
I know of SubD, but never actively used it, and to be honest, I thought (think?) it would not work with a 1x1 geometry. Haven't tried yet... maybe i should :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes