3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

doku99

Mar 21, 2018
Seriously, why are not more of the people posting here, making their own games? So many talented artists, it seems like a waste not to try for something bigger.
Probably cause making games is much much harder than making art, which is already hard

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Seriously, why are not more of the people posting here, making their own games? So many talented artists, it seems like a waste not to try for something bigger.
Speaking personally, I hardly ever finish anything, and like to jump on new projects or drop things suddenly. Games are bigger, with more parts. Plus, art is one thing, good stories are another. VNs or video games on top of all that?

I can't count the number of projects that bite off more than they can chew. Projects that can't deliver and die out. Projects that have been going for so long they've forgotten what they are. I don't like when the consistency changes in a game.

So I'm content with where I am. Maybe I lack ambition or courage, but my hobby is right where I like it. I don't want to bring income and deserved criticism into the mix. I'm having enough fun with low expectations.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I have been working on a game, but sadly, my story writing ability leaves much to be desired! I have a lot of respect for people who know how to write a good story. I can program and render no problem.

Reactions: grima_grima

Zavijava_

Oct 19, 2020
More experiments in making 2D billboards! h/t jojozz

Cosplaying Nerds.png

Kinda want to rerender a few of these (just noticed the weeb by the stairs has no eyebrows lol), but I think they're turning out OK. Also jfc the script I wrote to make these is so janky, I want to add so much to it but the Daz scripting docs are kinda ass

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
That ear could be a complete DAZ3D lesson in effective subsurface scattering.
it does look alright here, but quite often the material values are off even on figures I've bought on the official Daz store, I prefer "physical lighting" to hdri, and there are times you bring in figures into an hdri scene and they look passable, then switch to sun-sky and be like - WTF?! :D
but it wouldn't be as fun if everything just worked right out of the box, would it? ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes