3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

FranceToast

Donor
Jul 31, 2018
it does look alright here, but quite often the material values are off even on figures I've bought on the official Daz store, I prefer "physical lighting" to hdri, and there are times you bring in figures into an hdri scene and they look passable, then switch to sun-sky and be like - WTF?! :D
but it wouldn't be as fun if everything just worked right out of the box, would it? ;)
I am definitely seeing this issue right now. I'm trying to get my cast of characters together for a VN, and just getting them all to look ok in a variety of settings/lighting situations is really an art. I can see why some VNs just use one PA's figures for their stories, trying to match up different PA's approaches to skin, eyes, even morphing is really tough, not to mention as you noted that a lot of them just aren't designed well for different lighting approaches.

Leeduva

Mar 3, 2020
Speaking personally, I hardly ever finish anything, and like to jump on new projects or drop things suddenly. Games are bigger, with more parts. Plus, art is one thing, good stories are another. VNs or video games on top of all that?

I can't count the number of projects that bite off more than they can chew. Projects that can't deliver and die out. Projects that have been going for so long they've forgotten what they are. I don't like when the consistency changes in a game.

So I'm content with where I am. Maybe I lack ambition or courage, but my hobby is right where I like it. I don't want to bring income and deserved criticism into the mix. I'm having enough fun with low expectations.
Have you try to get or pay others to finish your projects?

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
Laura and Dante at the ArtStage I (Reworked 2022)
Laura and Dante at the ArtStage I (Reworked 2022).jpg
There are two additional images with Laura at the Art Stage, but she is posing with Dante this time.
Here is the first one; a nice twin-portrait shot.

The nude version is available for subscribers of .
He stays dressed, so do not worry.

ModraHD

Mar 22, 2019
Have you try to get or pay others to finish your projects?
Nah.

I'd feel obligated to put in work if I formed a partnership, and my pace with DAZ is to truly obsess for a few days then not touch it for a while. It's not healthy. I don't think I could rest easy if I had to pay people, either. Too much potential for a swampy mire to wade through.

The other issue is I make things that I specifically enjoy. I've struggled with the concept of creative expression and popularity, and rather than popularity I'd rather do what I want. I quite like being obscure but passionate, it lets me walk away and do what I want. This is quite off topic now, but look at Borderlands 3 or Overwatch 2; the corporate panel approved death of unique expression and unfiltered love, every non-marketable scrap torn from it or painted over. It's an extreme, sure, but I don't want to see any of that filter into my hobby.

Reactions: Leeduva and doku99
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes