3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
Thank you, I downloaded these assets a month ago but they didn't open in dazstudio.
How did you manage to do it?
I Spent hours it's a nightmare, don't do that :ROFLMAO: ➔"https://f95zone.to/threads/star-wars-rebel-ship-corridor-3d-model.61419/ ➔ It's not a DAZ format product. All Dazinbane's are OBJ and Sketchup files. DAZ can import the OBJ files. You need to go to File-Import and select OBJ then browse to the file. You will also have to assign all the textures yourself in the surfaces pane."

Deleted member 3994251

adult fairy tales
Game Developer
Jul 30, 2021
Reactions: Shivawn

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
spent 2 days converting a G8.1 to G9 using R3DS Wrap, textures and everything, never used Wrap before, pretty magical piece of software, and has a 30 day free trial, all because couldn't wait for "official" converter to come out, which will probably take a while

challenged her to some pushups, loser gets spanked!
alice_g9a2www.jpg
alice_g9a1www.jpg

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Nah I done all the things through CPU and that also is outdated .
You still have a GPU (graphics processing unit, can't see any video without one), you just can't use it for rendering, probably due to low video memory. But it is there.

I used to use a 4Gig 1050TI video card for renders, it would revert to CPU if I wasn't careful. I had to shut down all programs that use video memory (like my browser etc), then when I created a scene, I would hide all objects that were not seen by the camera (click each object and click the eye icon in the scene panel, upper right), and then I sometimes used software to reduce the texture sizes down to preserve GPU memory. I would even hide parts of character's bodies that were not visible, like legs and hips, or an arm that wasn't visible etc... every little bit counts. Reduce enough and you may be surprised that it will use the GPU. It just needs to fit into your limited video RAM... you also need an NVidia card or it will use CPU. Also use denoising which can help you get a render out faster with a decent enough quality.

Even if you only use CPU for rendering, you can still speed up render times by doing the above tricks.

This year I finally bought a "cheap" RTX3060 video card with 12G of VRAM on it and that made all the difference. Video RAM makes a bigger difference than anything else for 3D rendering.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes