3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Sep 11, 2022
A Dark Elf Approaches | Roxy<3

Hi everyone! I've finished creating my first character with fantasy skin colour. Roxy is a petite dark elf with ''very'' big things to share ;)

Hope you like her <3 Please be gentle :D She is literally my first big deviation from regular humans, and I am really excited to read what you guys think <3

(Come on, just put a pointy ear to a human and increase her height and you basically have an elf, so they don't count :D )
I am Roxy Baby.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks ;) It's not what I wanted to do at first but you know how it is. You add a weapon,wings, things happen very fast :rolleyes:
LMAO, yup! I totally understand! I am bad for going off on a tangent, rendering a scene and then realize it has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I set out to create! LOL

That's how the creative process works sometimes though. Love your work anyhow. :) :love:

• Red Heart
Reactions: Shivawn

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Dirty deeds, done ... somehow cheap :cool:

In the process of toying around. Still. Done some poses, got distracted with texturing. How you do. So this one is primarily about my adventures is toying with textures this time.
I don't know what DAZ is about at the moment, rendering, iray preview, cam movement ... all works as well as any other time BUT the UI is so infuriatingly sluggish after about 30min, working is really hard. And that with only 2 G81 and some geometry loaded.
So I had to set resolution to base, tune subd to 1 and rob the poor old lad of his various bodyhair.
The result is unfortunately somewhat ... edgy, please don't look too hard at the two lovebirds in this regard.
As stated with the previous render, I have some concepts in mind, and they have to do with toilets and restrooms, but to keep the memory footprint rather small, I tried to have as little geometry as possible, so I use the single props instead of the whole scene, and customize the wall and ground with primitives.
Unfortunately they where all untextured, so I got distracted with getting the "right" texture. And so it began...
The are some simple overlays, even a decal (which are still a mystery to me), played around with them untill I was somewhat satisfied.
The objective was to get a somewhat "grungy" look, and I even got some "blind" spots in the mirror.
I am particularly pleased with the decal I used on one sink, but didn't go further with this, because ... bed is calling :sleep:
And because the topic arose in the last weeks - these renders are straigt outa Compt ... DAZ, only denoising done, no post.
I'm happy with the results, so have a look:
dirtydeedsdone01.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes