3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Hi folks!
Question: which of these renders look more "real" to you? My intention was to set up lighting, with the lightsource as little intrusive as possible, but to get a somewhat realistic brighness for (inside) a public toiletstall.
It can be done with only env-lights (HDRI is active all the time), but close the stall-door, and it gets unrealistically dark inside.
I don't want to plant lamps above, as I don't like them here (rather their behaviour together with bloom).
The brightness inside the stalls is more or less the same across all renders. Every stall has its own light and basically lights the stall propper, when doors are closed. But don't go pee...
Pointlights reside inside a cone (with no bottom, obviously), a lightcone ... if you will ;)
Meshlights are transparent, high outside render area, as not to create an accidental "bloomball".
Spotlights ... are special. This is as close as I got them to do what I wanted, but only in an emtpy stall ...
My favourite for the time being seems to be the meshlight, as it overall renders the fastest and has no odd shadows.
What do you think?

Sep 3, 2022
Hi folks!
Question: which of these renders look more "real" to you? My intention was to set up lighting, with the lightsource as little intrusive as possible, but to get a somewhat realistic brighness for (inside) a public toiletstall.
It can be done with only env-lights (HDRI is active all the time), but close the stall-door, and it gets unrealistically dark inside.
I don't want to plant lamps above, as I don't like them here (rather their behaviour together with bloom).
The brightness inside the stalls is more or less the same across all renders. Every stall has its own light and basically lights the stall propper, when doors are closed. But don't go pee...
Pointlights reside inside a cone (with no bottom, obviously), a lightcone ... if you will ;)
Meshlights are transparent, high outside render area, as not to create an accidental "bloomball".
Spotlights ... are special. This is as close as I got them to do what I wanted, but only in an emtpy stall ...
My favourite for the time being seems to be the meshlight, as it overall renders the fastest and has no odd shadows.
What do you think?

#1 looks more real. #2 looks better to the eye.

Reactions: mastergobbo
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes