3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DooRetsam

Oct 28, 2018
Hi folks!
Question: which of these renders look more "real" to you? My intention was to set up lighting, with the lightsource as little intrusive as possible, but to get a somewhat realistic brighness for (inside) a public toiletstall.
It can be done with only env-lights (HDRI is active all the time), but close the stall-door, and it gets unrealistically dark inside.
I don't want to plant lamps above, as I don't like them here (rather their behaviour together with bloom).
The brightness inside the stalls is more or less the same across all renders. Every stall has its own light and basically lights the stall propper, when doors are closed. But don't go pee...
Pointlights reside inside a cone (with no bottom, obviously), a lightcone ... if you will ;)
Meshlights are transparent, high outside render area, as not to create an accidental "bloomball".
Spotlights ... are special. This is as close as I got them to do what I wanted, but only in an emtpy stall ...
My favourite for the time being seems to be the meshlight, as it overall renders the fastest and has no odd shadows.
What do you think?
I think the diffuse light in 1 is more pleasing - but the effect in 2 is more realistic, just too harsh. Maybe change the emitters to large disks or squares to soften the edges so the shadows cast by the cubicle walls/doors aren't so stark?

Reactions: mastergobbo

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Being a Dark Elf is Hard | Public Mini Story | Roxy Debut

Hey everyone! I've recently created this little firecracker called Roxy. She is a Dark Elf and the only friend of our sweet Valeria. To give you all an opportunity to get to know her a bit better, I've decided to make a mini story and share it publicly for all of you. This mini story will have 2 or 3 more parts and rest will be on Patreon but for now enjoy our little Darkling's small adventure. Don't tell her I called her a Darkling though. Even though it sounds cute, she is extremely sensitive to it <3

PS: Dialogue and signature free 4K versions can be found
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
View attachment 2164780
Little does she know the extreme difficulty/discomfort she might be causing others, eh?

Looking forward to reading that. Just felt compelled to plaster some luv on it immediately.

Reactions: Forlorn Desire
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes