3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

fried

Almost
Donor
Nov 11, 2017
Trying some simple test renders, and to ask about other viewer's opinions on the quality as seen from different systems other than mine, and through other eyes. :)

I'm not saying these ladies are going to make it into a game, but I like the simple render test results.

1. What I have done is created each 1920 x 1080p render in Daz3D using only the default scene settings, no tweaks, filters, etc., and saved the files as .png files.

- The original files were about 1.45MB or so each, but needed some "pop", and took about 11mins to render, and as I said, were just rendered with the default scene settings (lights, camera, etc.).

2. I then ran each render through an offline upscale program, (paid) GigaPixel AI with 2x scaling to 3840 x 2160, to smooth them out a bit, using the default program settings for .webp files.

- The upscale files would be too large for a game 5MB or so in bulk use, (not a big deal with a few images), but I can imagine in a game with thousands to be quickly overloaded with those data sizes.

3. Then I used (freeware) XnConvert to turn all of the original and upscale images into .webp files, (to post here) which cut the weight "size" down between 122KB - 328KB, at these sizes sould be good for a game!

Although...

Please help me out, was it worth all that "work", and how is the ending content quality-wise in your eyes? :)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Thanks for your replies!
I feel the ideal method is to render large and then downsize for the game.

While I can see the logic you had behind this method, in at least the second character's case, the end result seems to have left some horizontal scaling/smoothing/descaling lines as artifacts across central areas of her face, while the region below her chin/neck has blotchy smoothness that suddenly gives way to somewhat uneven texture. It may be that the original model has more displacement applied than the first character, so these effects were more obvious - because they didn't show as obviously in the redhead model.

Reactions: YaYa_UnTIN2

artistx

Aug 13, 2020
Another stylized character attempt with the previous attempt in the back to compare.. might have made her a little too pale.. used skin builder 8 for the skin and freckles.. anyone know a good skin base without eyebrows? or at least removable eyebrows?
sylized-red.png
apparently I like thick eyebrows..

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes