5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Empiric

Throbbing Member
Respected User
Game Developer
Jan 13, 2020
Niice colors!
Do you use some post works in ps, too?
I do all post-work in photoshop, they are both the same image, just rendered with and without clothes. Colors are done literally just using curves and color-lookup tables there, it's super simple.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Hent-92

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
Hey all you out there!

I am quite sure this question does not belong HERE, but I am not able to determin the propper thread for it. It's not "Dev help" or "Dev Tools & Guides", it's not "Tools & Tutorials" either, because ... it's a question, not a solution.
So I am asking here, please, moderators, let me now, where it belongs.

My object of interest: a .DUF-file (self created, in this case, a material-file). You all know what they look like, they are just text, but with a special form
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

So, originally I wanted to save JUST SOME values of the MAT-settings, but (thanks DAZ, we are on Ver4.21, but I'm still not able to select grep/regex/text-wise in those selection-windows).
It is not practical for one to just select, say, 5 recuring values, over ALL involved selectable entries, especially on full body mat-set.
I know what I would have to do, to achieve my goal - I would have to remove all unwanted entries belonging with the same level (as indicated by the "{}".
That is not practical.

I use a tool called " ", that ALMOST does what I want, but just almost. It is (almost)perfect for "cleaning" pose-presets, and has the functionality to select just the "channels" (between "{}"), but as the other (manual) method, there are too many lines, an sadly no possibility to just select by grep/regex/text.
In the end, these files are just something similar to ".XML", there has to be a solution to viewing/editing them.

I want to achieve the following: Make, for example skin, look wet. In order to achieve that, you have to set SOME of the involved materials to certain values. I want to have a mat-preset, where JUST these values are changed, nothing else.
I don't want the textures in this preset, I don't want anything else changed, BUT some recuring values, I don't want to set these values by hand every time I want it to look wet.

My question here is: Do you guys handle content of .DUF's by manually "manipulating" them, and how do you do that, and do you know a tool to handle them.

I hope, I my issue is clear, if not, feel free to ask!

Last edited:

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Unfortunately I don't have a test version yet. But I'm working on it (around January it's when I think I'm going to deliver a alpha version). But if you 8want to follow this project access my (I'm going to start to update this week) or my account for early access.
That is a very well conceived gif-banner. If the game is anywhere near as smart as that, I'm in!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes