3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

XtremePain

May 13, 2021
HmmMM! Some interesting elements/choices here. I like the vague texturing, between cartoony and ultra-realism. And that shower shot is hella creative; love it.
Thanks for your appreciation, I really use these types of textures for rendering speed, but they do have a special touch.
Regarding the rendering that you mentioned, it was very complex for me, since practically only the model and the background are the product of a render, the rest are effects that I have added with photoshop, and some tweaks
Lv12.png

M0rD0l

Jun 18, 2017
What do you use for the water? Something I've been thinking about recently but I haven't found anything that looks like the right solution for this kind of effect. Is it a water product, or just a plane with some kind of water textures applied?
Nothing special, usually it is a plane, sometimes with a high polygon level, with a displacement and normals maps.

46n2

Jun 29, 2021
Thanks for your appreciation, I really use these types of textures for rendering speed, but they do have a special touch.
Regarding the rendering that you mentioned, it was very complex for me, since practically only the model and the background are the product of a render, the rest are effects that I have added with photoshop, and some tweaks
View attachment 2185236
Just look at the difference there. You simply cannot accomplish that in Daz. It's ridiculous to even try.

-Ya know, I sign in here every 2-3days, and some of the shit I see is just straight up magnificent; often awe-struck. I'm old enough where this sort of thing was simply not possible before. We had crayons, not 1's and 0's. You can walk around the Louvre and you will shit your pants what's been being done for hundreds upon hundreds of years. But this stuff? THAT is Art - and it cannot be claimed to Not be.

Maturing one element into another type. And ending up with that?

Gimme more.

-Not to exclude any other approach, regarding the "texturing", I'm kind of now leaning towards a merger of ultra-realism with toony. I don't want ULTRA real. I'll go down to the bar for that, eh. (PS Do we go to bars anymore?) And I don't want too cartoony with little to no recognition of what's now possible. Some artists here are exploring an very interesting niche in between the two (in my mind). And you might fit in quite nicely with those 'cheap' renders ; )

-A failure to re-invent will be the end of us. I am not for going backwards. We must continue to move on out of the cave...

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes