3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Bagley

Jan 22, 2018
Who Is There?

Heyo heyooo!

I decided to challenge myself to create one/two complex (i.e. indoor/outdoor) render(s) per day, starting today!
As you can see, I am still playing with colors, heheh :3

My beautiful Coral was researching in a hotel room about well-known photo studios, but it seems like somebody visited her during her research... I wonder what would happen next.

Waiting for your comments and criticism, as always... Guys come on, say something!
Love you all <3
View attachment 2189292
Your renders are always gorgeous. If there is one criticism, there's no Xerrin!... though I suspect that she's the visitor...

You may have answered this previously, what is your setup (CPU, GPU)? I've been tinkering with the idea of rendering for a while, mainly inspired by this thread and some digital artists elsewhere, but my rig is positively ancient! It's definitely time to build a new one :)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Coral's Dream

M0rD0l

Jun 18, 2017
Who Is There?

Heyo heyooo!

I decided to challenge myself to create one/two complex (i.e. indoor/outdoor) render(s) per day, starting today!
As you can see, I am still playing with colors, heheh :3

My beautiful Coral was researching in a hotel room about well-known photo studios, but it seems like somebody visited her during her research... I wonder what would happen next.

Waiting for your comments and criticism, as always... Guys come on, say something!
Love you all <3
OMG. She's so adorable I can't take it! :love: Wonderful render, as always! (y)

Coral's Dream

Aug 30, 2022
Your renders are always gorgeous. If there is one criticism, there's no Xerrin!... though I suspect that she's the visitor...
Thank you so much <3 Heheh... Xerrin prefers to show up less in the renders. She says her face and body should not be get used to... Sometimes my beautiful Coral is trying hard and she finally pulls her to the photoshoots, but... This happens then:

You know, she needs to be encouraged, I think. Even I face tons of difficulties while convincing her to be present in my renders :(

You may have answered this previously, what is your setup (CPU, GPU)? I've been tinkering with the idea of rendering for a while, mainly inspired by this thread and some digital artists elsewhere, but my rig is positively ancient! It's definitely time to build a new one :)
Oyyy, believe me it takes hours to render most of my images (1000 iterations at least) with RTX 2070 and Ryzen 7 3700X. Every single time (even while working in aux viewport) I am trying to optimize my scene, calculating the dedicated memory cost of the meshes in the scene, tweaking here and there, dealing with sudden crashes without an autosave... Well, there is a plenty of difficulties to deal with, however, one tablespoon of patience and a pinch of swearing always save the day :3

I cannot render a scene with more than 3 characters + an average environment together. This is sad. I quit my job around a year ago. Unemployed since then. Trying to survive with freelance jobs and such. Speaking of an upgrade, I also want one, however the only thing I can do now is to wait until my beautiful Coral gets to known very well and becomes a top-model ^^. Maybe then I will be able to enlarge her dream world <3

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment :3

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Bagley and M0rD0l

darkside80

Jun 25, 2017
I saw in the recent posts some tests with Dforce, Magnet etc. I often use Dforce and I know that it is sometimes (even often) difficult to get what you want.
Personally when I'm not satisfied with the tools in daz (Dforce,magnet,VWD...) I use marvelous designer to simulate the clothes.
Maybe this method has already been posted but I thought some people might be interested so I made a little video how to create a morph with marvelous designer.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Playing around with Filament(PBR) which you can choose rather than texture or IRAY on your main viewport, but you can ALSO change your main renderer from IRAY to your viewport! Which can be fun. Before you do that, you need to adjust those Filament(PBR) settings as they will wash out your scene. DAZ will add in a Tonemapper and Environment settings to your scene by default, but not Filament, but there is a settings thingee for it. Just go to your "Create" menu, and at the very bottom you'll see "New Filament Draw Options node", select that and it will not be in your scene tab (upper right). Select it and in your Parameters tab you'll now have options to adjust the Filament settings... first thing to do is to turn the "Filament Intensity Scale" down to around 2000 (adjust as needed) and play with the other settings.

This is a great way to just navigate your scene while creating really fast! Much better than the texture renderer. BUT, as I said, you can also render with it if you choose to render with the Viewport (go to Render Settings and select "Viewport" at the top beside "Engine").

Now when you click "Render" it should be INSTANT! No wait... this may just be enough quality for most. Or perhaps throw out some test images to see if they work in your VN before doing a full IRAY render.... anyhow, here's two Filament(PBR) renders, no IRAY... not too bad honestly... considering they're instant. This may even be a nice solution for people who have low end hardware (although I am uncertain as to what Filament requirements are that way)...

False Arrest 2.jpg

False Arrest 2 - closeup.jpg

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Oyyy, believe me it takes hours to render most of my images (1000 iterations at least) with RTX 2070 and Ryzen 7 3700X. Every single time (even while working in aux viewport) I am trying to optimize my scene, calculating the dedicated memory cost of the meshes in the scene, tweaking here and there, dealing with sudden crashes without an autosave... Well, there is a plenty of difficulties to deal with, however, one tablespoon of patience and a pinch of swearing always save the day :3

I cannot render a scene with more than 3 characters + an average environment together. This is sad. I quit my job around a year ago. Unemployed since then. Trying to survive with freelance jobs and such. Speaking of an upgrade, I also want one, however the only thing I can do now is to wait until my beautiful Coral gets to known very well and becomes a top-model ^^. Maybe then I will be able to enlarge her dream world <3

Thank you so much for your beautiful comment :3

Have you tried Cutaway will allow you to remove everything not in the Camera View, but still have all your lighting. Allowing an extra body, or more detailed 'sets'.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes