3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Still messing around with dramatic lights. And the outcome isn's that bad imo, maybe a the scene looks a llittle dark cuz i forgot to add a backlight :cry:.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Also i had to drop the scene with the girl reading a book in a small living room cause DAZ asked me 41Gb of VRAM to render it with GPU. WTF is it even possible?

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Still messing around with dramatic lights. And the outcome isn's that bad imo, maybe a the scene looks a llittle dark cuz i forgot to add a backlight :cry:.
Also i had to drop the scene with the girl reading a book in a small living room cause DAZ asked me 41Gb of VRAM to render it with GPU. WTF is it even possible?
I don't think it's possible no, even if you sli'd 4 11gig cards I believe the scene has to fit into the memory of each of them.

How did you get the rundown of how much vram it wanted by the way? That would be seriously useful.

luisM

Oct 22, 2017
Hi, first of all I want to say that I really admire all the creators of comics and games that I see in this forum. Inspired by the quality I see here, I decided to create a story. Unfortunately, my work doesn´t allow me to devote more to this. It´s difficult to write a story and create the images at the same time...and translate to english :)
But the first part of the story is finished, it lacks rendering. Here are some pages for review.

show1.jpg show2.jpg show3.jpg show4.jpg show5.jpg show6.jpg show7.jpg show8.jpg show0.jpg

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
I don't think it's possible no, even if you sli'd 4 11gig cards I believe the scene has to fit into the memory of each of them.

How did you get the rundown of how much vram it wanted by the way? That would be seriously useful.
Just when you hit the render button, it will start to compile the shader and show up all the thing that will consume memory like geometries, textures, lights. Then you just sum up all the individual value and the results will be your total Memory Usage.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It is possible. I had scene with well over 50gb rendering on gpu. I don't know how this exactly works, but it works:
Just started rendering a scene with over 11 gb texture memory consumption. None of my cards has that much vram but it doesn't switch to cpu.
1.png

2.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
How? Mine keep switching to CPU render for no reason.
I really don't know, sorry. I asked about this a while back in another forum but got no real answer to that. One pointed out that the newer iray versions use the system memory and virtual memory when the vram isn't enough, but that still doesn't explain a 50gb render on gpu...

EvilUser

Game Developer
Mar 29, 2018
It is possible. I had scene with well over 50gb rendering on gpu. I don't know how this exactly works, but it works:
Just started rendering a scene with over 11 gb texture memory consumption. None of my cards has that much vram but it doesn't switch to cpu.
View attachment 234539

View attachment 234540
I'm sure that this particular image is rendering on your CPU, PTX code for sm61 is for CPU rendering and I don't see your GPU as model included in those calculations.
Also you can have 150gb assets on your screen, if what you render is not heavier than your vRAM capacity, it will still render on GPU. For example: You can have a tons of figures behind the camera, daz will still calculate them in the scene but they are not in the area that you render and they will be simply ignored

Reactions: lexx228
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes