3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
The biggest issue with this is the difference between the skin and the clothing, mainly the socks as they have essentially zero cloth detail. I'd suggest looking at , should let you add in the detail you need but I'm not sure if it would keep the two stripes at the top (though it does have it's own patterns).
Oh, the problem here isn't the missing of texture. You can see what is messed up, when you look into the shadows of said socks.
It's called color clipping and happens when a bright surface is over exposured or a dark surface is under exposured. This mainly happens with white and black. As long as iRay uses (s)RGB as the colorspace, this will always happen if you don't get the lighting and exposure right. Sadly I couldn't find a way to change the colorspace in iRay to smth like filmic, so far. Which handles colors far more realistic then the current ones.
Correct, and I think it is not the missing shadows / surface on the socks per se, but the fact that you can see both on her left leg where a shadow falls on the socks. And it's definitely an issue with the materials, if you compare the intersection of the skin and socks.

Well the socks and heels actually have a different, artistic purpose. For one they give a color accent that matches her eyes; the socks look innocent while the shoes look over-the-top sexy and not like something a girl like this would wear; in contrast to her completely naturally plump body which I designed in the style of how renaissance painters used to portray female bodies. After all she proves that she can wear this nonetheless, without looking like a freak or hooker.

What bothers me a lot more: The hair color doesn't look like natural red/orange, but like brown hair dyed in streaks. Also the fingernails from Skin Builder always look like cardboard, and after several attempts to fix that it still looks like apricot polish. I haven't really figured out how to make them look like (for example)

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I too think vera is fine.
Actually Aureska looks a bit out of place imo. She looks too much like a fantasy dark elf and not a like a scifi alien to me^^
You are probably right, too much like a drow. I like the base look, however have adjusted eyes / mouth / nose / chin / hair. Think it is an improvement?
Aureska.jpg

EDIT: Updated image with forehead corrected and hair colour changed.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
Correct, and I think it is not the missing shadows / surface on the socks per se, but the fact that you can see both on her left leg where a shadow falls on the socks. And it's definitely an issue with the materials, if you compare the intersection of the skin and socks.

Well the socks and heels actually have a different, artistic purpose. For one they give a color accent that matches her eyes; the socks look innocent while the shoes look over-the-top sexy and not like something a girl like this would wear; in contrast to her completely natural chubby body which I designed in the style how renaissance painters used to portray female bodies. After all she proves that she can wear this nonetheless, without looking like a freak or hooker.

What bothers me a lot more: The hair color doesn't look like natural red/orange, but like brown hair dyed in streaks. Also the fingernails from Skin Builder always look like cardboard, and after several attempts to fix that it still looks like apricot polish. I haven't really figured out how to make them look like (for example)
Yeah Fingernails. I never use the ones from skin builder for a similar reason. Most of the time I can get away with using presets from different characters and tweaking the roughness- and reflectivity- settings in iRay.

Reactions: Xavster

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Did you plan to give her horns?
Her temple looks like the base of some horn props from this perpective. (Right there where the base of the hair would be)
Thanks for the pick up. The forehead shape is related to the standard head dress for the character as per the right character in the image below. Thanks to your tip, I have corrected as per the lower spoiler.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Oh, the problem here isn't the missing of texture. You can see what is messed up, when you look into the shadows of said socks.
It's called color clipping and happens when a bright surface is over exposured or a dark surface is under exposured. This mainly happens with white and black. As long as iRay uses (s)RGB as the colorspace, this will always happen if you don't get the lighting and exposure right. Sadly I couldn't find a way to change the colorspace in iRay to smth like filmic, so far. Which handles colors far more realistic then the current ones.
That's weird, usually if things are blowing out it's the highlights on the skin and hair that go first, that doesn't appear to be happening here.

(I'd suggest changing the shader on those socks anyway, the default isn't very good when I used it)

kaboomer69

Sep 1, 2018
Yeah Fingernails. I never use the ones from skin builder for a similar reason. Most of the time I can get away with using presets from different characters and tweaking the roughness- and reflectivity- settings in iRay.
Did a little hotfix by running the Nails script in SB8 again, with color set to white and 1% visibility.
Before - After
12nailfix.png

They don't really match yet (at least in this light), but it is a huge improvement.

So far I thought you could just apply and restore any nail mats, but that apparently isn't the case. SB directly bakes the Nail option into the arm/feet texture, so if you used anything there then the textures are borked permanently.
The skin texture beneath the nails definitely has to match for completely unpolished, natural nails.

Next I'm going to look into salvaging the textures from the temporary folder from before applying the nails.

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Render settings on high pixel was four times as high as it should be then downsized. also added more lights than I normally would. Usually, I do 1-3 I think I did 4 with the difusing screens.
Not sure how long it took because after 2 1/2 hours I went to bed.
sylvanas DS.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes