3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

AbyssalEros

The Demon of Dark Lusts
Game Developer
May 31, 2017
500th Kisses (Bonus)
500th Kisses (Bonus).jpg

Damn, I really forgot to publish the bonus image I made for reaching 500 followers on Twitter .

As I am already a few months too late, I used the chance to rework it a bit more with a postwork technique my dear friend, , has taught me since then.

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
Great scene. Nice looking characters and love the dog! Made me chuckle. :)
I like to add something funny in my renders ;)
I can't believe it took me 2 days to make it. I didn't like the result and restart everything. Between the poses and the clothes that doesn't follow, some daz bugs, that's what we call a real nightmare but it was worth it.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
good advice. I didn't know about the space shortcut, I used to constantly right click and go to the lock options! Spacebar is much quicker.

Worth remembering with activepose, particularly with limbs, it actually locks at the joint 'above' (or closer in to the core than) the chosen body part. You can see a box around the limb, and the actual pin shows you where the locking takes place.

View attachment 2204878

T-Pose isn't the best position to show it, but without locking you would still get movement in the shoulders, and if you pulled the hand far enough the figure would begin to bend over. Locking constrains the IK movement to what's available with the locked part in it's current position.

So if you click the upper arm, it will lock at the shoulder. Or if you click the forearm it will lock at the elbow. This always seemed a bit strange as the part of the body you're selecting to lock can then still move, but once you get used to it it's very helpful. I assume this is standard anyway, and not some option I've got selected because I've never changed any pose settings.
Yeah, I usually lock the shoulder to help prevent the whole upper body moving around, but the shoulder will still move.

It took some getting used to using this, but I now love it, in combination with the dials it is helpful. That's useful to know that it locks above it, I suspected something like that.

Nice illustration.

Reactions: DD3DD and lukin13
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes