3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
good evening
who can tell me why my HDRI images are too big and and how to configure them please

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
Set it to "Finite sphere" and change the "Dome scale" but I doubt you can make the hdri fit, you'll have to scale the model anyway like @lexx228 suggested.
Certains HDRI ne fonctionnent tout simplement pas avec daz. [/ QUOTE]

comment changer la taille du dôme

how to change the size of the dome

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Err sorry, it was "Dome Radius" and not dome scale:

Unbenannt.png

This wont show up if you have it set to "In-finite Sphere", you have to change it to "Finite Sphere"

Reactions: Krull and jfredy78

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
TFW you have to redo two months of work on four projects but end up with a new computer and a snazzy new (to me) graphics card.

breakdown_post_50.png

I didn't have to smush down my textures or anything, all these details I've never seen before! (and some that you can't see because this website hates me, it's totally nuked my contrast, anyone know a website I can upload to and the link that won't do that?)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
two months of work on four projects
WTF?

it's totally nuked my contrast
That happend to a lot of high contrast and high rez images uploaded here. I tried to upload a 8k image once... no fucking chance, it was totally ruined.

Making some tests with HDRI
While the hdri fits the environment quite well, I think its a bit too realistic looking for the rest of the scene.
can i have the HDRI for test please
You might not find the requested hdri there, but still, there are a lot of others and they are free:

Reactions: Krull

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
WTF?

Hard drive died and then I found out I'd screwed up my backups. Great start to the week that has been.
That happend to a lot of high contrast and high rez images uploaded here. I tried to upload a 8k image once... no fucking chance, it was totally ruined.
It's nuts, there's a pattern on her back pocket that just doesn't exist in the upload at all.
I've just noticed that it's added some weird colours to their arms as well.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
good evening
who can tell me why my HDRI images are too big and and how to configure them please
A HDRI is a sphere that encloses the object in Daz, where the background is dependent upon which direction you are looking. As such the amount of the background that is rendered at the camera, is dependent upon upon the angle of light received by the camera. This angle is changed when you adjust the camera focal length and the frame width.

To achieve what you require do the following:
- Set the HDRI to infinite sphere (finite sphere will only serve to distort the background if the camera is not at 0,0,0).
- Adjust the frame width (or focal length) to get the amount of background in the scene you desire.
- Either scale the character or move it closer to the camera, to match the character size with the background.

Reactions: Techn0magier
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes