3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Which one is the best to optimize and reduce render time Camera View Optimizer or Camera Cutway?
Camera View Optimizer is probably, I have never used the other one though. I tend to prefer to manually hide objects and body parts myself.

But if it is JUST about reducing render times, than this may not be the solution. What I did a few years back when my video card wasn't the best, was I used Denoising and I fixed the iterations to around 200. These days I used around 400 (not much more) and find that to be just fine. It just depends on your hardware. I used to do renders that took around 5 mins give or take, on my 1050TI video card (great for video games, not so much for rendering) by using denoising and setting it to 200 iterations back then (around 2 years ago).

You go to your render settings tab, click on FILTERING... turn on everything that has "POST DENOISER" next to it. Click on PROGRESSIVE RENDERING and set it to MAX SAMPLES between 200 and 400 iterations, depending on your system. Two years ago i used 200 on my 1050 video card. I now use 400. Set "Render Quality Enabled" to OFF, this ensures it goes to the number of iterations you selected and stops.

Denoising helps you pump out MUCH MUCH MUCH faster renders with respectable quality. Now, you CAN get better renders without it, depending on the scene, but they will take a very long time (an hour or longer depending on your system). I find that for MOST renders, denoising is perfectly fine and there isn't enough of a quality difference to warrant waiting an hour. Most of my renders take around 3-5 mins and I think they're fine. I have posted the odd one in here were I turned denoising off, and they looked good (due to being higher resolution and usually a closeup where more detail is better), but they usually took close to an hour. It's RARE that I will wait that long.

Anyhow... I'm not perfect and opinions will definitely VARY on this topic. The best bet is to play with your settings, try out different amounts of iterations, see what you get. Then try some renders without denoising at all and see if you prefer that... it's all about how patient you are and what YOU like. I done A LOT of test renders using A LOT of different settings, usually on the SAME scene and then I would compare them to see if it was worth waiting or not.

Last edited:

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
Camera View Optimizer is probably, I have never used the other one though. I tend to prefer to manually hide objects and body parts myself.

But if it is JUST about reducing render times, than this may not be the solution. What I did a few years back when my video card wasn't the best, was I used Denoising and I fixed the iterations to around 200. These days I used around 400 (not much more) and find that to be just fine. It just depends on your hardware. I used to do renders that took aroune 5 mins give or take, on my 1050TI video card (great for video games, not so much for rendering) by using denoising and setting it to 200 iterations back then (around 2 years ago).

You go to your render settings tab, click on FILTERING... turn on everything that has "POST DENOISER" next to it. Click on PROGRESSIVE RENDERING and set it to MAX SAMPLES between 200 and 400 iterations, depending on your system. Two years ago i used 200 on my 1050 video card. I now use 400. Set "Render Quality Enabled" to OFF, this ensures it goes to the number of iterations you selected and stops.

Denoising helps you pump out MUCH MUCH MUCH faster renders with respectable quality. Now, you CAN get better renders without it, depending on the scene, but they will take a very long time (an hour or longer depending on your system). I find that for MOST renders, denoising is perfectly fine and there isn't enough of a quality difference to warrant waiting an hour. Most of my renders take around 3-5 mins and I think they're fine. I have posted the odd one in here were I turned denoising off, and they looked good (due to being higher resolution and usually a closeup where more detail is better), but they usually took close to an hour. It's RARE that I will wait that long.

Anyhow... I'm not perfect and opinions will definitely VARY on this topic. The best bet is to play with your settings, try our different amounts of iterations, see what you get. Then try some renders without denoising at all and see if you prefer that... it's all about how patient you are and what YOU like. I done A LOT of test renders using A LOT of different settings, usually on t he SAME scene and then i would compare them to see if it was worth waiting or not.
ty, ty, TY !!!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
View attachment 2409787

This time I tried for something more artistic. And yes, the knee on the bottom left is very distracting. Should have checked before I hit the render button.
I agree, it is a little distracting, but not that much, in my oppinion.
Either you have to show more of her leg ( in a mirrored "L"-way), or ... cut it. No, meant, off the picture ;), obviously.
Nice young lad you have chosen there!
I personally feel the eyes to be more distracting then her leg. I think I would lower the eye-white "glowyness" to some degree, not the eyes completely, mind you.
I think her shiny blue iris fits very well in here.

NICE!

Last edited:
Reactions: atheran

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I agree, it is a little distracting, but not that much, in my oppinion.
Either you have to show more of her leg ( in a mirrored "L"-way), or ... cut it. No, meant, off the picture ;), obviously.
Nice young lad you have chosen there!
I personally feel the eyes to be more distracting then her leg. I think I would lower the eye-white "glowyness" to some degree, not the eyes completely, mind you.
I think her shiny blue iris fits very well in here.

NICE!
So..Lop off everything below the ass and make her blind. Got it. ;)

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes