3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Curently rendering the same one on low contrast but have to go to work so i will post it later.

Vhexo

Jul 24, 2017
Have you tried adding a light with shadowing at the camera and a light behind the mirror and setting your mirror plane to a black diffuse? That usually works, you want light from both sides to hit the object you want to reflect and the black diffuse helps with a better reflection. That's how I learned to do it at least.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
@Vanaduke There are 2 things that determine the reflection. The metallicity of the prop that is supposed to reflect. Then there are glossy reflectivity and glossy Roughness. The smaller the roughness and the higher the reflectivity the more 'shiny' and reflective your surface.

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
@Mescalino Monochrome has always been a good way to achieve a lot of beauty and its nice to see someone actually doing it in digital rendering. Very nice

Reactions: Krull

tooldev

Feb 9, 2018
I've been struggling to make a believable teenage character/little sister in Daz that doesn't look like the freakish result of a japanese guy breeding with a sex-doll. This is the best I could do, and I still don't know if I'm satisfied. Anyone got any suggestions?
View attachment 80367
More pimples? No seriously - not sure why you are not happy. Beauty isn't defined so if that is what you are not happy about i cant see anyone helping with that. I personally would definitely reduce use of make-up for the younger one to make them look different (make-up is almost the same for the both of them) and also use different clothing. Teenager is quite a wide age spread - is she around 10-14 or more at the end of her teens? Because at the end of the spectrum there isnt that much change and late teens can be easily mistaken for tweens.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes