3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
LOL, I love this! I ran out of reactions, but that little female Dwarf made me laugh. Nicely done! :LOL: (y)

You've really improved at this over time. Loving your work.
Thanks a lot. I tried to make a gnome, there's a lot of differents morphs on this one. As the blood elf, I wanted to make it without using Alori, Just the ears 30% (there's still some hair covering them, I only saw it after rendering :rolleyes:).
And I used the AI Denoiser this time https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-4.35677/

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
I like how the movement turned out in this one ;) Anyone who got advice on improving the look of "movement"?
Not too sure about this, but maybe look to anime/animation and comic books for reference? For still images, I think you should create the picture around the specific motion that you want to convey. Use the posing, composing, camera angles, scale, and lighting to put emphasis on one key movement and may try to blur the other parts out. Exaggeration could be the most important, but I could be wrong about that. I think you could add little details, like leaves and debris that get moved by the characters or get caught up in their wake. Think little dust clouds from characters jumping or running. Or little puffs of dirt and wood chips/grass.
1678143094032.png

or the debris clouds from asteroid impacts?

Asteroid-768x432.jpg

You can "feel" that the object is moving even though it is a still image (maybe not). In the asteroid's case it is extremely bright and has a lot of little motion lines and the debris spreading out from it.

In terms of your pictures, your movements could be the dodge, the strike, and the lunge.
Little things that could convey or enhance these motions.
-Maybe the woman didn't quite dodge the spear? It caught a strand of her hair or maybe it leaves a scratch that wasn't there before. Maybe there's a trail of blood that's left behind that the camera can focus on or that the light can catch.
-Maybe focus on how the woman angles/curves her body to avoid getting hit and position the camera to capture that. Maybe bring the camera closer so that the viewer feels like the woman???
-You could also focus the camera on the spear tip?
-If the goblin lunging is the main focus, one thing you could do is to keep him on the left (or whichever side you want him to be on)? I think I've heard of something like this before in movies. Switching which side the figure is on in the frame can interrupt the feeling of a continuous motion.

Not too sure about this and correct me if I'm wrong. Nice renders btw (y).

DitaVonTease

Jul 25, 2021
Not too sure about this, but maybe look to anime/animation and comic books for reference? For still images, I think you should create the picture around the specific motion that you want to convey. Use the posing, composing, camera angles, scale, and lighting to put emphasis on one key movement and may try to blur the other parts out. Exaggeration could be the most important, but I could be wrong about that. I think you could add little details, like leaves and debris that get moved by the characters or get caught up in their wake. Think little dust clouds from characters jumping or running. Or little puffs of dirt and wood chips/grass.
View attachment 2445039

or the debris clouds from asteroid impacts?

View attachment 2445042

You can "feel" that the object is moving even though it is a still image (maybe not). In the asteroid's case it is extremely bright and has a lot of little motion lines and the debris spreading out from it.

In terms of your pictures, your movements could be the dodge, the strike, and the lunge.
Little things that could convey or enhance these motions.
-Maybe the woman didn't quite dodge the spear? It caught a strand of her hair or maybe it leaves a scratch that wasn't there before. Maybe there's a trail of blood that's left behind that the camera can focus on or that the light can catch.
-Maybe focus on how the woman angles/curves her body to avoid getting hit and position the camera to capture that. Maybe bring the camera closer so that the viewer feels like the woman???
-You could also focus the camera on the spear tip?
-If the goblin lunging is the main focus, one thing you could do is to keep him on the left (or whichever side you want him to be on)? I think I've heard of something like this before in movies. Switching which side the figure is on in the frame can interrupt the feeling of a continuous motion.

Not too sure about this and correct me if I'm wrong. Nice renders btw (y).

Mmmm... Sort of partly right, but your including Film/Animation into a Single Image Framework, how can you show something that wasn't there 30 seconds ago, when you haven't seen it. Not everyone wants to do 20 different renders, just to show X amount of movement, sometimes it can be enough of a struggle to get that one image rendered. And yes it's a nice render...

Reactions: 0ier 3D

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Mmmm... Sort of partly right, but your including Film/Animation into a Single Image Framework, how can you show something that wasn't there 30 seconds ago, when you haven't seen it. Not everyone wants to do 20 different renders, just to show X amount of movement, sometimes it can be enough of a struggle to get that one image rendered. And yes it's a nice render...
I wasn't thinking about rendering a full animation, just taking cues from them and other sources. I'm pretty sure there are some comics and anime that are very efficient with their panels and images and they do really well with showing the viewer that something is moving. I think if you want to convey motion effectively, pick which motion you want to highlight (could be at any point in the process) and try to craft the final result to show off that movement.

Yeah, I've never done 20 renders for a piece either. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
What kinds of environments or renders do you have in mind? I guess going with the theme of captured goblins, maybe a dungeon? There are also a lot of Great Hall and throne room type environments and a lot of medieval dresses as well.

Just a suggestion, but if you're using the same warrior model, you could put her in an environment where she seems out of place. Maybe she shocks and intrigues noble ladies and lords with how high the level of her armor is?:LOL: I think there are a lot of ways to make something lewd out of that situation if that's the way you want to go.
Was thinking more along the lines of a better forest than in my render with trees etc, maybe one with a lake or small waterfall for the 'bathing in lake' classic scene where there is bound to be a peeper or two. Some medieval/wooden/fantasy type buildings like taverns and towns. Then the classic castle and town stone type of things.

Was thinking of toning down her attire to a more practical one but still in the realm of sexy, but the idea of her being from another region and then entering a town and feeling all the lewd stares and respect since she is in such high level armor is an interesting idea I would like to explore perhaps.

I have been directed by DitaVonTease already to a site where several of those assets are I just need to stop procrastinating.

I like how the movement turned out in this one ;) Anyone who got advice on improving the look of "movement"?

View attachment 2444873
View attachment 2444874
It can be tricky to show movement in a certain amount of renders without it actually being a animation, adding to what was already mentioned above I would try doing a render either before or after the 'impact', like how you see in some animation tutorials where to get the desired results you sometimes need to go past where the impact is etc etc.

Also, wouldn't hurt to add a little blur and dust in some areas as well as a bit more movement in the hair. Though I guess it all comes down to experimentation.

Really nice render btw and I hope to see more.

Last edited:

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Was thinking more along the lines of a better forest than in my render with trees etc, maybe one with a lake or small waterfall for the 'bathing in lake' classic scene where there is bound to be a peeper or two. Some medieval/wooden/fantasy type buildings like taverns and towns. Then the classic castle and town stone type of things.

I have been directed by someone already to a site where several of those assets are I just need to stop procrastinating.
If they haven't mentioned these already, there are some nice waterfall/forest assets from Orestes. Vigil Creek Falls, Lost Grotto, and Triskele Falls. They are hdr maps so I think you can use something like SY Rigged Waterfalls for interactivity with the water. Yeah, procrastination can be tough to overcome. Good luck! (y)

Reactions: DiosDecay
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes