3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Jun 5, 2018
Guys, I am looking to start creating 3d models with Daz but have no prior experience. How would you go about advising me on how to learn? I am not a good artist with hand drawing, is that something of a big negative? Thanks in advance.

Officina_Sopianae

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2022
Guys, I am looking to start creating 3d models with Daz but have no prior experience. How would you go about advising me on how to learn? I am not a good artist with hand drawing, is that something of a big negative? Thanks in advance.
I'm the worst in drawing ever :D Check some tutorial, and start experimenting. You can post here as well, there are some people here who is really talented and good. This thread has one of the least toxic community so don't worry :)

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Adding the background in post seems to be the only thing left to do. Could you tell me how to use my HDRI in post? I use GIMP.
I'm still learning to do post work myself as I don't really use it on any of my renders, so I'm not too sure the best or easiest way to go about it. From what I have briefly seen on youtube you could just put the render without the hdri (so the sky comes out as grey) on one layer then put whatever you want to use as the sky etc on the layer underneath? you probably can't use they HDRI you have in DAZ as I think is 360 and would just come out stretched, but I'm sure you could find some free sky images on the net somewhere.

Sorry I can't be too much help, if anyone has better knowledge with GIMP or postwork can you please advise

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Don't really need drawing experience tbh, I see DAZ as more like photography (though I'm not a photographer), there are plenty of tutorials on how to use DAZ as well as how to light a scene etc. Practice, post some progress, ask for advice/tips.

Vayne_

Game Developer
Feb 10, 2021
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks guys, but this won't work for me right now since I have AMD GPU. Will continue making 5-10 render per day for my project and if I fell that working with 3d is for me, I surely sell my RX5700xt and invest in new RTX card.

grohotor

May 15, 2020

Thanks guys, but this won't work for me right now since I have AMD GPU. Will continue making 5-10 render per day for my project and if I fell that working with 3d is for me, I surely sell my RX5700xt and invest in new RTX card.

It's the main reason that i will never get a AMD gpu, they are pretty much only useful in gaming( and even there they have issues) there are numerous programs that either don't work or have issues with amd gpus.

Nov 9, 2020
I'm still learning to do post work myself as I don't really use it on any of my renders, so I'm not too sure the best or easiest way to go about it. From what I have briefly seen on youtube you could just put the render without the hdri (so the sky comes out as grey) on one layer then put whatever you want to use as the sky etc on the layer underneath? you probably can't use they HDRI you have in DAZ as I think is 360 and would just come out stretched, but I'm sure you could find some free sky images on the net somewhere.

Sorry I can't be too much help, if anyone has better knowledge with GIMP or postwork can you please advise
Thanks I'll give it a try. I might as well try it with the full body shot as well to practice placing ground shadows.

tripod70

Not so Well-known Member
Game Developer
Oct 23, 2020

The external Denoiser mentioned above runs out of DAZ, and uses a DOS Command. It's quick as hell, and doesn't use the GPU... Ya should at least give it a try...

Reactions: Night Hacker
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes