3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thanks a lot. I tried to make a gnome, there's a lot of differents morphs on this one. As the blood elf, I wanted to make it without using Alori, Just the ears 30% (there's still some hair covering them, I only saw it after rendering :rolleyes:).
And I used the AI Denoiser this time https://f95zone.to/threads/nvidia-ai-denoiser-2-4.35677/
I just tested this against the Daz version in an extreme test. I only rendered for 50 iterations both without any denoising, and with Daz's denoiser and then applied the NVidia denoiser and here are my results. I'm using PNGs so there's no JPEG artifacts introduced.

First, the original image, 50 iterations, no denoising...
Gnome Female (G8F) - 50iterations.png

Now, the same image, 50 iterations with Daz denoising set to 50, so it only denoises the final iteration...
Gnome Female (G8F) - 50iterations - Daz.png

And finally, the external NVidia denoiser applied to the first noisy image...
Gnome Female (G8F) - 50iterations NVidia.png

My own observations is there is very little difference between the two, at least in this example. BUT, I did notice one problem, and that is with her hair transparency around her eyebrows. With the Daz denoised version you can see all of her eye and eye brows, even behind the hair. but the Nvidia, external denoiser hides the eye and eyebrow that are covered by her hair.

I'll stick with Daz's denoiser. The external one is a nice one, especially if you're using an AMD GPU, but the DAZ one still seems superior, or at least the same to me.

I think the hair covering her eyes problem could be due to how Daz has a Post Denoiser Alpha option. Which is a plus.

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
I just tested this against the Daz version in an extreme test. I only rendered for 50 iterations both without any denoising, and with Daz's denoiser and then applied the NVidia denoiser and here are my results. I'm using PNGs so there's no JPEG artifacts introduced.

First, the original image, 50 iterations, no denoising...
View attachment 2449647

Now, the same image, 50 iterations with Daz denoising set to 50, so it only denoises the final iteration...
View attachment 2449651

And finally, the external NVidia denoiser applied to the first noisy image...
View attachment 2449653

My own observations is there is very little difference between the two, at least in this example. BUT, I did notice one problem, and that is with her hair transparency around her eyebrows. With the Daz denoised version you can see all of her eye and eye brows, even behind the hair. but the Nvidia, external denoiser hides the eye and eyebrow that are covered by her hair.

I'll stick with Daz's denoiser. The external one is a nice one, especially if you're using an AMD GPU, but the DAZ one still seems superior, or at least the same to me.

I think the hair covering her eyes problem could be due to how Daz has a Post Denoiser Alpha option. Which is a plus.
Interesting, I'm going to try it on water, fire, lights and differents effects, I'm curious :unsure:

Reactions: Night Hacker

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Adding the background in post seems to be the only thing left to do. Could you tell me how to use my HDRI in post? I use GIMP.
I've mostly just started out, but this seems to work for me. You can do it all in one scene I think.

-Foreground:
The most important thing is to make sure you can render out the foreground (presumably the subject of the image and any meshes/objects that it interacts with (shadows mostly)) with a transparent background. I haven't done this in daz, but I think there should be an option. If not, one workaround could be putting a green plane covering all the areas where you want transparency and using the "Color to Alpha" tool in GIMP to replace the green with transparency.

*Edit: took a look in daz studio to confirm
Draw dome: off
^I think

-Background (HDRI):
Hide all the foreground objects and using the same camera (angle, position, etc.) render out a plate/image of just the hdri map. Apply depth of field if that's the look you're going for. You can also put background objects in this step that you don't want in the foreground.

*Edit:
Draw dome: on
^I think

*Be sure to name the renders accordingly in your output folder. A simple fg/bg suffix should do.

-Compositing:
Go into GIMP and "load the images as layers" with the foreground and background images. Then you can just drag whichever layer goes on top in the layers section. You can adjust each layer separately to enhance the effect you want.

Here are a few examples from renders that I uploaded earlier.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Hope this helps!

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes