3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Shivawn

Apr 30, 2020
One extra thing I noticed in differences. I created a render with 1 iteration... about as grainy as it gets and tested it again. The nvidia, external denoiser does a nice job connecting lines, where as the Daz one does a better job with more vibrant colours and highlights. After noticing this, I looked at my 50 iteration tests and noticed that even more. The external nvidia version made parts of the hair more straight and smooth as it found the lines etc... but it is duller. The Daz denoiser highlights where light reflects better and the colour is more vibrant by far.

Here's the original...
View attachment 2450983

This is the Daz denoiser...
View attachment 2450984

And this is the NVidia, external denoiser...
View attachment 2450986

The external denoiser, while better at joining lines, is way too dull without the highlights. And of course this is only 1 iteration, with the normal amount of iterations (400 in my case), you can't really see much difference except the NVidia external denoised version isn't as vibrant without the same highlights.

I imagine when you test it with water, fire etc... you should notice a difference in that respect, especially with reflections off water. I would expect the external denoiser to be worse for those.

Anyhow... SEE WHAT YOU STARTED!!! LMAO...

I also read that using Denoise Alpha in Daz can double your denoising times, so... as always, I tested that to death as well. I only denoise on the last iteration, so the times will be very close... in fact, in my tests, there wasn't much difference in times at all, like 0.1 - 0.3 seconds, I blink slower, hehehe).

(edit: I thought I posted this message yesterday, and I didn't... weird)
Ok, You're too strong for me, I quit o_O
More seriously, it seems that the daz denoiser have some difficulties with the skin when there's some water and the render have some noisy areas, while ai denoiser didn't. I think it depend on lights and reflections.
It's not weird to believe to post a message when you don't. I often do that, forgeting to save :unsure::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Night Hacker

fergz

Jun 19, 2019
An actual scene set/environment for a VN that I'm working on. (looks pretty good as a desktop wallpaper lol)
Maybe someone has any tips on how should I keep my PC from exploding while rendering a scene like this with characters in it? :LOL: Cause DAZ freaks out when I put even one in. (Scene optimizer used, VRAM usage through the roof.)
1080p1200s.png

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes