3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Nice work, I would probably tweak the face a little to give it that little bit extra, like soften the eyes and maybe lower where her focus is, or even soften the jaw, feel free to ignore this as it is just my opinion.
Thanks! The intention was never replicate the model though, she's just inspired on Viking Barbie, and I saw the pose and I though I could give a go on her. Anyway, thanks, I'll take all them into consideration in the future

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
I'm working on my first project and I wonder if this is considered an OK quality render. I can only afford to have 500 samples sice I use CPU to render (sad, I know)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks passable to me, I've seen VNs out there with worse quality tbh and the more you work at it the better you will get working within your limitations until you can afford to upgrade if you choose.

That being said it wouldn't be a bad idea to look into a few tutorials on youtube in regards to optimizing a scene etc or using a scene optimizer (I don't use one so I can't really offer advice about them).

Best of luck with your project.

Edit: Also, if you fell the urge to look through previous posts in this thread, some people (forgot exactly who) have given their advice/tips on improving render times/optimizing scenes.

Last edited:

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Thanks! The intention was never replicate the model though, she's just inspired on Viking Barbie, and I saw the pose and I though I could give a go on her. Anyway, thanks, I'll take all them into consideration in the future
Ah no worries, I was going to mention that the face looked as if she was a doll while still being quite alluring. Can I ask where you got the outfit from as well as what hair you used?

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Ah no worries, I was going to mention that the face looked as if she was a doll while still being quite alluring. Can I ask where you got the outfit from as well as what hair you used?
The hair is a little old and the only quality of it is that's beautful, but it doesn't have many morphs.

The clothes I bought, but they are these one:

Reactions: DiosDecay

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It seems that the denoiser in daz wasn't powerful enough on the last renders and I had to use something else. The ai denoiser is better from what I've seen.
I used https://f95zone.to/threads/rosylen-for-genesis-8-female.31375/ as a base and worked on the morphs,there's a lot. This one is the fourth version I made, it was really a fight with the morps and the bugs (exemples: the character disappear and you only have the hair and nothing else or the skin is totally blue or white) o_O
I can imagine! Fought with it a lot myself in the past. Practice makes perfect though. That's a good base for her! Really puts me in mind of some of the Dwarf Females from WoW. Starting to miss that game now! LOL... I played it WAY too much (from 2005 up until just a couple years ago). I have my max number of characters the game allows (50) with at least one level 120 of each class (though they changed that now I guess). My main classes I loved was the Paladin, Mage and Druid. Used to be in a great guild during the Lich King days. <sigh>

I may have to load up some old WoW pics and see what sort of Gnome female I can dream up. ;) (edit: I kept saying "Dwarf Female" when I meant "Gnome Female", man... lots of brain farts on me lately! LOL)

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: Shivawn

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Had the hardest time trying to smooth out the shadows on her sweater. View attachment 2447653
Did you try maybe using a primitive like a large rectangle, make it emissive for light then make it larger. Or if you can take whatever light source you have and make it wider and taller... if it is a point light, you might want to make it into a spotlight then change the height and width of it to something like 50 by 50, larger lights make for softer shadows.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I'm working on my first project and I wonder if this is considered an OK quality render. I can only afford to have 500 samples sice I use CPU to render (sad, I know)
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Looks alright. I only ever do 400 iterations with denoising in all the renders you see me post. I usually set denoising to start at 400, turn quality OFF (to make certain it goes to 400 iterations) and set the iterations to 400 so basically it only denoises the last iteration. Usually turns out well (good enough for me anyhow) and only takes a couple minutes to render. I use an RTX3060 12G model (more VRAM = better for rendering).

MrD812

Oct 24, 2021
Just for fun, I loaded up a Genesis 2 Female as I really haven't messed with them before. I don't have many assets for them so couldn't do much but it was interesting.

View attachment 2439485
Well done AND Max respect to ALL of You for different hair styles!
As we often see, WAY to many of the same styles are over done in most AVN's.
Appreciate You sharing this, Thank You! (y)

• Red Heart
Reactions: Night Hacker
Nov 9, 2020
Did you try maybe using a primitive like a large rectangle, make it emissive for light then make it larger. Or if you can take whatever light source you have and make it wider and taller... if it is a point light, you might want to make it into a spotlight then change the height and width of it to something like 50 by 50, larger lights make for softer shadows.
That's what I wanted to do. I usually use a spotlight and mess with the spread angle. But I couldn't get rid of the light that is attached to the dome in the HDRI. So I tweaked the scene. I'm sure(hoping) I'm missing something, but I had no luck with google and tutorials.

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
That's what I wanted to do. I usually use a spotlight and mess with the spread angle. But I couldn't get rid of the light that is attached to the dome in the HDRI. So I tweaked the scene. I'm sure(hoping) I'm missing something, but I had no luck with google and tutorials.
For spotlights I tend to not use the spread angle and change it's height and width both to 100 to soften any shadows with the light geometry set to rectangle (weird since I set the height and width the same but oh well) I don't really use spotlights often and tend to go with emissives or pointlights and HDRIs.

As for getting rid of the light from HDRI you could change the environment mode to scene only but that takes it away completely then you could add a sky background in post.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It seems that the denoiser in daz wasn't powerful enough on the last renders and I had to use something else. The ai denoiser is better from what I've seen.
I used https://f95zone.to/threads/rosylen-for-genesis-8-female.31375/ as a base and worked on the morphs,there's a lot. This one is the fourth version I made, it was really a fight with the morps and the bugs (exemples: the character disappear and you only have the hair and nothing else or the skin is totally blue or white) o_O
Just messed with that character and came up with the following female Gnome...

Gnome Female (G8F) - Centerfold.png

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
It has to be an extra light you added causing that. Whenever I use HDRI's I never had a problem like that. The shadows are always fairly soft. I just loaded up a character asset and HDRI, no other lighting at all and this is the result, so... not sure what could be causing your problem, except that you're using extra lighting?

Note: This is just 400 iterations with denoising on the last iteration (denoising set to 400), that's it.
Gnome Female (G8F) - test.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes