3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

CHAQUINN0

Yesterday's Crossroads Developer
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2021
Hey everyone wanted to share my first character/renders (this is my 1st DAY of using Daz). So I would love criticism and your opinions.
I made this renders using the photoreal option (when I tried interactive, and because of the size of the environments it for some reason runs on my CPU (an I9-13900k) at 100% before it crashes so am curious if someone could give me some way to fix this issue) I also see that my characters legs are very small compared to the thighs so am gonna look for some morphs later on to fix it.
View attachment 2478451

View attachment 2478452
View attachment 2478453
The last picture is an interactive attempt but the hair for some reason fucks up the model's forehead when in interactive and I removed the environment to make it possible to render.
PS: I know its the environment because when I remove it, it runs smoothly and on GPU
A few things you need to check; first is if you have an NVidia GPU, if not, then DAZ won't work properly.
Go to your Render Settings and within the Advanced tab check if you have the CUDA option available, if you do, tick it and DAZ will now use your GPU. If you don't have that option and your GPU is an NVidia, then you either have an issue with your hardware or a faulty driver or something similar.

GPU set up.png

Secondly, that hair issue is pretty easy to solve, it happens when the fitting doesn't do it's thing that well automatically, then you need to manually adjust it.

In the Scene tab, select your character model and expand it, then within the model you will find the hair you have currently inserted onto it, select the hair.
Now go to your Parameters tab, then use the search and type in "forehead", a few sliders will come out, look for those described with 'Width' and 'Depth', now all you need to do is move the sliders and adjust until those black marks disappear.
There will be times where you will also have these issues around the character's cheeks/ears area, to fix it is the same process, but instead of searching for the forehead, you search for "cheek".

forehead fix.png

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
I also see that my characters legs are very small compared to the thighs so am gonna look for some morphs later on to fix it.
I think these morphs can help with that. . Not sure if they can make the shin longer though :unsure:. Looks great for first renders(y).

• Love
Reactions: Moundir
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes