3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
I'm a bit late to the party, but what are peoples thoughts on Genesis 9? is it worth going into? What about converting Gen 8/8.1 stuff to Gen 9

DiosDecay

Mar 2, 2018
Only a personal opinion, a lot of work for very little gain, not enough assets available. Maybe when automated tools arrive to do some conversions, or wait for Gen 9.1.
Yeah I had a feeling it is a bit early to start fully working with Gen 9, just wasn't too sure, thank you

Orgitas

Jan 5, 2023
I mean there is already a converter to gen 9 if you mean clothing and hair: RSSY Clothing Converter from Genesis 8 to Genesis 9 is one of them. They are a couple. Can't remember which one I have but it converts all clothing and most hairs to what ever body you use.

Reactions: DiosDecay
May 29, 2018
Last edited:

johnqaz

Apr 2, 2020
Yeah I had a feeling it is a bit early to start fully working with Gen 9, just wasn't too sure, thank you
In a vacuum, G9 is great - however G8.1 is pretty fucking good, which does not help it too much =)

I don't really like the whole navel/nipples have to be an HD morph deal. There's been morphs left and right to get around that though. It also still depends on some JCMs to have decent bends.. TBH this surprised me the most, you'd think they would have learned from the previous genesis generations :p

What it lacks the most is things like Golden Palace, decent Breastacular etc. I mean, Meipe released Breastacular for G9 but it's a mess at this time and does not really follow the original breast shape..

I did buy quite a few G9 assets since it came out, slowly building my G9 library.. I'll use a G9 model in one of my next renders.

Reactions: DiosDecay
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes