3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Well.
I spent a lot of time tweaking the lights, playing with DOF and render settings, adding effects in GIMP... and now I look at it and it looks like I only moved the camera around :rolleyes:

Still, I learnt a lot so I'm posting it anyway:

View attachment 2551565

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Oh, trying to direct some light to the eyes without it overlighting her face was proving too hard, so I ended up doing... this:

I suppose there's a better way :unsure:
Beautiful character and scenes. I don't see any problems with it.

The best way to improve is to just keep experimenting. I've played with a ton of settings, a ton of renders. Lots of experimenting, LOTS of failures, but I learned from all of them. There's some great tutorials on youtube on various topics like lighting as well.

Reactions: vez

0ier 3D

Aug 2, 2021
Well.
I spent a lot of time tweaking the lights, playing with DOF and render settings, adding effects in GIMP... and now I look at it and it looks like I only moved the camera around :rolleyes:

View attachment 2551565

Oh, trying to direct some light to the eyes without it overlighting her face was proving too hard, so I ended up doing... this:

Others mentioned the proper way to actually lighting it, but if you're feeling really lazy you can just paint in the eye catch lights in GIMP (since you mentioned already using it). Make a separate layer and put two small white dots where you think they might go, then maybe add some blur/other effects. Probably better to do it in camera/daz, but this can help with unwanted light.

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Well.

View attachment 2551565

How i understand you bro.
You try to do it beautifully, looking back at the works of the authors from this thread, and you feel sad. What a mess you render dam it?
BUT as DiosDecay said above
The more you work, practice and try out different things the more you will improve.
I totally agree with that. There will be no experience without practice.
Work no matter what. Small or big render, you learn something new and hone your existing skills

• Love
Reactions: vez and WooShang

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
It would be cool on the part of more experienced authors to give advice to beginners, collect a few works that caught the eye and give a couple of tips.
I understand that everyone is busy with their own projects and there is no time at all for some youngsters on the forum, but it will add respect :)
Maybe not a suitable thread for this idea, but still show your skill

• Red Heart
Reactions: WooShang

soprano31

Engaged Member
Nov 12, 2021
It would be cool on the part of more experienced authors to give advice to beginners, collect a few works that caught the eye and give a couple of tips.
I understand that everyone is busy with their own projects and there is no time at all for some youngsters on the forum, but it will add respect :)
https://f95zone.to/threads/being-a-dik-fan-art.29960/page-101
on this page the talented artists mr. Vargas and Coriolan give advice and tips.

Reactions: oaiki and WooShang

WooShang

Jan 8, 2021
That would be something right next door to AWESOME !
(but in the end it would be basic tips and instruction)

grohotor

May 15, 2020
Well.

View attachment 2551565

If i really want some highlight in the eyes sometimes i just manually paint with white in photoshop. It looks good enough and none is going to go pixel hunting when they look at a image. indoor lighting is a real fucking bitch. It annoys me how often these premade interiors have no lighting when this should have been settled in the early stages.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes