3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

darkside80

Jun 25, 2017
Sounds like me the other day. I couldn't get the lighting right. I ended up selecting a wall in the room which wasn't visible and made it emissive and that lit the scene perfectly! :cool:

I generally use the denoiser. I don't think I have played with the noise degrain filter much. I have run many, MANY tests with denoising, no denoising and I find the difference in quality to be barely noticeable, but the excess time needed with no denoising I find just not worth it. Lately I have done between 400 and 800 iterations, denoising on the final iteration only. I just experimented the other day, running tests with denoising, no denoising, and various pixel filter settings. I had one scene where I did have to double my normal 400 denoising to 800, but otherwise the difference wasn't worth turning it off.

Now I'll have to check out the noise degrain filter... and run a bazillion tests with it! LOL
I understand what you're saying and it's true that in many cases denoiser works rather well. I use it from time to time for the background. But when you render in 4k with the camera close to the subject I can see the loss of detail as
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
now it's obvious that for VN/comics it would be a big waste of time to render everything at 10000 iterations.

Regarding the Noise degrain filter, in the few tests I've done I've noticed that it works best on high resolutions and in complex areas like dark zones.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I understand what you're saying and it's true that in many cases denoiser works rather well. I use it from time to time for the background. But when you render in 4k with the camera close to the subject I can see the loss of detail as
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
now it's obvious that for VN/comics it would be a big waste of time to render everything at 10000 iterations.

Regarding the Noise degrain filter, in the few tests I've done I've noticed that it works best on high resolutions and in complex areas like dark zones.
Ah, I noticed that you used the INTEL DENOISER. I tested it and compared it to the Daz3D's denoiser and the Daz one is MUCH better. I didn't like the Intel one at all and found several problems with it. I recall posting tests with it in this thread a few months back in fact. I also only denoise on the last iteration. And I NEVER see things smoothed out like you have here. But, to each his own.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes