3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
First render ever, is it any good? This is the default light settings. She has a new genitalia but we don't really see it, and the panties are custom morphed with zbrush so the fingers can enter, but we don't really see that either. Cloth is simulated and pulled back using little spheres. I made the custom pose too.

View attachment 260643
I Like the model and pose but while here right foot touches the bed the rest of her body seems to float. There is also a lot off clipping. The light is ok except for her right arm. Her lower arm is very light compared to the rest of the body. But other then that its a good first attempt. Looking forward seeing more.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
When I want to do a scene in an environment. It seems like it takes forever for it to start. Any idea what I can improve, so it actually loads in a better time?

1552256796612.png

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
IANA3DA(I Am Not A 3D Artist), but it seems to me that the biggest dividing line between unpolished and polished work is with regard to 1) Skin Textures, 2) Use of lighting, 3) Scene Composition, Posing and Facial Expression(s). If you nail those down, either within DAZ3D, or via post-work in Photoshop, characters and scenes look really phenomenally good.

Reactions: MrBree

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
When I want to do a scene in an environment. It seems like it takes forever for it to start. Any idea what I can improve, so it actually loads in a better time?

View attachment 260701
Much of the starting time is to load up all of the texture maps in the scene. You can reduce this by hiding anything in your scene that isn't visible from the current camera angle and also by using Scene Optimizer to reduce the texture map file size (will have an effect on render quality on close ups).

Reactions: GhostPhil

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Much of the starting time is to load up all of the texture maps in the scene. You can reduce this by hiding anything in your scene that isn't visible from the current camera angle and also by using Scene Optimizer to reduce the texture map file size (will have an effect on render quality on close ups).
Yeah I did that, but it still didn't even start after 15 minutes. But I also have no clue how long it actually should take. Like for example I think it had a lot less stuff in the scene than your render up there has. I mean maybe I set something in the options that had an impact on it?

Can you provide your PC specs? It could be anything... CPU, RAM, defective (slow) HDD...
GPU: RTX 2080
CPU: i7 9700
RAM: 32 GB
And the Daz stuff is on an SSD
The PC is actually about 3 month old.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Yeah I did that, but it still didn't even start after 15 minutes. But I also have no clue how long it actually should take. Like for example I think it had a lot less stuff in the scene than your render up there has. I mean maybe I set something in the options that had an impact on it?

Just out of interest if you load a large scene does it slow down while your trying to set it up a bit like going fom 60 fps to 20 fps

Ataly

Jan 25, 2019

View attachment 260701
Try or and see what's so "large" in your scene

------

Meh... 1h 30 min of rendering and so much grain and it isn't evem in full hd :/ Laptop is definetely not a good hardware for rendering more complex scenes :v

meh.jpg

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Just out of interest if you load a large scene does it slow down while your trying to set it up a bit like going fom 60 fps to 20 fps
Well it takes a bit of time, but not too much. And I also can move pretty fluently in the scene.

Try or and see what's so "large" in your scene
I will try that thanks

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018

Doesn't sound right given your PC specs. I am using 5 year old hardware and Daz content is on HDD and the scene above loads in about 5 minutes. If it doesn't start at all, you may have had a pop-up saying that a texture was not available, which you may not have noticed. This will stall the loading process.

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Doesn't sound right given your PC specs. I am using 5 year old hardware and Daz content is on HDD and the scene above loads in about 5 minutes. If it doesn't start at all, you may have had a pop-up saying that a texture was not available, which you may not have noticed. This will stall the loading process.
There was no pop-up, excapt the window for the rendering

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Well it takes a bit of time, but not too much. And I also can move pretty fluently in the scene.

I will try that thanks
Daz by default lowers the specs of your machine go to Edit /Preferences/Interface/Open Gl/Display Optimisation You can pick better or best I have mine and best and my specs are a lot lower than yours also what I have found is that if I am going to render a large scene I reboot my machine as it improves loading time and also Render time as I suspect like me you are doing your renders on a machine you use for everything besides Daz and all the background programmes take up memory. I have Daz on a SSD but my content is on a normal drive and I dont have to wait as long as you

Hope this helps

Larry5168

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Daz by default lowers the specs of your machine go to Edit /Preferences/Interface/Open Gl/Display Optimisation You can pick better or best I have mine and best and my specs are a lot lower than yours also what I have found is that if I am going to render a large scene I reboot my machine as it improves loading time and also Render time as I suspect like me you are doing your renders on a machine you use for everything besides Daz and all the background programmes take up memory. I have Daz on a SSD but my content is on a normal drive and I dont have to wait as long as you

Hope this helps

Larry5168
Ok I will try thanks :)

GhostPhil

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
At least the preview is loading. So yeah still the same problem, that the render isn't loading. I will try it without the Cathy Hair and without the Bridget model tomorrow.
GP_Bridget_preview.PNG
For those that wonder about her looks, I basicially tried to copy the looks of this. Although I had to do some small changes because I didn't have all the assets:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes