3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

rev2019

Jan 1, 2019
Fking amazing light work holy shit!:love::love::love:, teach me!!;)
LOL
one press on one of the lights in iray hdri softlights and your there.
try with one of the light rigs from behind..just a tip ;)

try one of these

i used this one on the last renderer

decide where the light should come from
choose the background
decide the colortemp and luminance of the lights and so on.

but for even better light where you have more choices i would suggest

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm in the middle of designing an office. What does everyone think of this?

View attachment 264653
It looks pretty cool, however it is a little bit too distracting on the eye. Almost like a glare effect where you have to squint to look at it. I also suspect that it is going to be difficult to make out the character features when they are placed in the scene. I'm not an expert on lighting, however personally I would wind back some of the intense coloured emissive surfaces. To counter the removal of the intensive emissive some background white light (maybe into blue slightly) would be required.

Reactions: Conviction07

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
I tried something different and left it on overnight put two ghost lights in for the street lamps and also rhe headlights of the Motorbike other than the other emmisives in the scene thats the only light also a Nighttime HDRI yet after 12 hrs and only at 12% its still really grainy and I used scene optimiser as well. So any hints on getting a cleaner render would be appreciated

Olga Assasin.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
It looks pretty cool, however it is a little bit too distracting on the eye. Almost like a glare effect where you have to squint to look at it. I also suspect that it is going to be difficult to make out the character features when they are placed in the scene. I'm not an expert on lighting, however personally I would wind back some of the intense coloured emissive surfaces. To counter the removal of the intensive emissive some background white light (maybe into blue slightly) would be required.
Thats exactly what I was thinking. Btw you know way more about setting up light the right way then many others here, just saying.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I tried something different and left it on overnight put two ghost lights in for the street lamps and also rhe headlights of the Motorbike other than the other emmisives in the scene thats the only light also a Nighttime HDRI yet after 12 hrs and only at 12% its still really grainy and I used scene optimiser as well. So any hints on getting a cleaner render would be appreciated

View attachment 264808
Complex lighting scenes often do not converge. It's bloody annoying, however the nature of ray tracing is to run iterations until the same result for each pixel in the resultant image keeps getting produced. In complicated scenes the result continuously changes, hence the image never converges. For these scenes there is very little image improvement once you hit about 100 iterations.

To counter this problem, rather than trying to get the image to converge, you gather information about the scene by rendering at a far higher resolution. Whilst the larger image will have way more fireflies, it contains more information about the scene than the smaller image with less fireflies. You achieve a good result, by then reducing the resolution of the image.

In the scene in the spoiler below, I used a scattering effect for artistic purposes which then prevented the scene from converging. Hence to create a 1080p image I actually rendered at 7680x4320 and then reduced the resolution by a factor of 4. Whilst doing this gave me 1/16 the iterations per hour, the end result is far better for the same time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Complex lighting scenes often do not converge. It's bloody annoying, however the nature of ray tracing is to run iterations until the same result for each pixel in the resultant image keeps getting produced. In complicated scenes the result continuously changes, hence the image never converges. For these scenes there is very little image improvement once you hit about 100 iterations.

To counter this problem, rather than trying to get the image to converge, you gather information about the scene by rendering at a far higher resolution. Whilst the larger image will have way more fireflies, it contains more information about the scene than the smaller image with less fireflies. You achieve a good result, by then reducing the resolution of the image.

In the scene in the spoiler below, I used a scattering effect for artistic purposes which then prevented the scene from converging. Hence to create a 1080p image I actually rendered at 7680x4320 and then reduced the resolution by a factor of 4. Whilst doing this gave me 1/16 the iterations per hour, the end result is far better for the same time.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Xavster thanks for the tip that really looks amazing and I see what you mean by reducing the size down it really improves the scene a lot

Enyos

Mar 29, 2018

Awesome! Thanks for the info! Previously, at someone experienced's advice, I had tried that resolution, 4k and 1080 for a regular scene to see which gave the best quality after down sampling after a certain amount of time. My results were that all were fairly close, with no notable gains from the super high res. However, that wasn't with a complex lighting scene, so I may have to give it a try again. (y)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Awesome! Thanks for the info! Previously, at someone experienced's advice, I had tried that resolution, 4k and 1080 for a regular scene to see which gave the best quality after down sampling after a certain amount of time. My results were that all were fairly close, with no notable gains from the super high res. However, that wasn't with a complex lighting scene, so I may have to give it a try again. (y)
It might be better to increase the lumen of the light sources and use higher exposure values in the render settings to counter it.

Reactions: lexx228 and Enyos

LP83

Engaged Member
Oct 13, 2016
I was just playing about with lights and portrait style so I did the whole family and dont think they turned out bad Mother and daughters Going from Left to right in order of age put them in thumbnails as they would have taken up half the page

View attachment 264299 View attachment 264298 View attachment 264296 View attachment 264297
Amazing family!!, and all wearing heels. Love it!
Hope to see more of each one!

Nuns are a lot of Fun.
I render something with that yesterday and today for the DmD thread

Beauty Ciri!

Reactions: Namco15

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
LOL
one press on one of the lights in iray hdri softlights and your there.
try with one of the light rigs from behind..just a tip ;)

try one of these

i used this one on the last renderer

decide where the light should come from
choose the background
decide the colortemp and luminance of the lights and so on.

but for even better light where you have more choices i would suggest
I only used emissive planes and then did some color work in an editor. Never used hdri's but I don't doubt they can be used to do what I've done.

Reactions: recreation
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes