3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Just found this beautiful model!

Tried really hard with the lighting but still not quite happy with it.

Question: How many lights would you guys use for a same/similar render? - I used 14 spotlights. Can't tell if that's too many or too few.

View attachment 268381
Whoa, 14 spotlights??? That's a ton. I would use 3 and do a 3-point light setup with a fill, key, and back. With 14 that's so much light and you kill any shadows or depth you'd want plus I imagine increase rendering time with the program having to track so many lights. Look up 3 point light and try that out or load in a pre-set lighting system which will almost have 3-4 lights. gl.

Reactions: t444

ConfusedBeard

Jun 5, 2017

Question: How many lights would you guys use for a same/similar render? - I used 14 spotlights. Can't tell if that's too many or too few.
14 spotlights are way too much imho.
Try this freebie from Second Circle, it's a great asset that I use as a lot as base light.

You can also try the HDRI lights from the same creator, also a freebie.

OldMoonSong

Jun 2, 2018
A question. What model that you use for the females? - They really look pretty and I want to get them.
The base characters are (left) and (right), but I did so much of my own fine-tuning and mixing of character shaping morphs, skin and eye textures, that the resemblances aren't very strong.
Bonus for you:
indahole.png

macadam

Chicken Bubble Butt
Game Developer
Aug 5, 2016

View attachment 268381
that's way too much.
you shouldn't use more than 5 lights on a scene, unless they are specific lights present (like a stadium or something)
each light slow the process and honestly, the more lights = the ugliest result due to lights going all around in various directions adding weird shadows all over. (also each light bounce around too)

Reactions: larry5168 and t444

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017

View attachment 268381
Yes as many have said 14 is to much.
most times you see:
- Only HDRI lighting
- HDRI with some "mood lighting" like candles and such
- 3 point lighting (posibly a 4th specular light)
- 5 point lighting

Personaly when doing a portait like render i use a 3-point setup the most.
If i don't want any shadows (or as little as possible) i use a HDRI light.

Reactions: t444
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes