3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

delguy

Apr 3, 2018
This was done with Iray and took ages to render and there were speckles when it ended. I had to despeckle this image. The result with DAZ studio plugin for Octane were not good either, I did not like the result so currently rendering the same scene in Thea Render. Will also re-render it in Octane standalone. Will post both when done. I want to see the results from both, though Thea unbiased is far slower.

larry5168

Engaged Member
May 19, 2018
Tried this out for something different only lighting in the room is coming from the torches and the Fireplace in front of her. Was thinking Lady Justice but if any of you have seen the anime Goblin Slayer she could be the Sword Maiden.
Only thing I am not happy with is the reflection on the sword I put a reflective metal shader on it and turned the Glossy reflectivity up to and yet it still looks dull so any tips or tricks on that are most welcome and as always critique as well

Sword Maiden.png

delguy

Apr 3, 2018
This was done with Iray and took ages to render and there were speckles when it ended. I had to despeckle this image. The result with DAZ studio plugin for Octane were not good either, I did not like the result so currently rendering the same scene in Thea Render. Will also re-render it in Octane standalone. Will post both when done. I want to see the results from both, though Thea unbiased is far slower.
Here is the image from Thea render with 256 samples. Octane froze when I tried to render this with my 1050ti graphic card

Morning Walk1.png

May 4, 2018
Thank you guys for likes on past days. Hope i'll get better in time.

My day 9 render working with Daz3D: day9.png

Full image here

Render 25% after 3h , face not finished eyes+ a bit from nose not render at all because is complex. I need to go to sleep and since is no way to resume after exiting daz, life, ill try tomorrow.
Light on her, bar has natural day light, (i could use night lights of the bar), pants dforced, small bends on her left leg /crotch zone)

Please reviews and comments like always. Just dont be harsh, im just a noob.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Really awsome looking model :) What did you do as post processing?
Some exposure and general colour changing, increased the skin texture in some areas and generally messed about with frequency separation.

Also added a vignette because by law you have to.

Here's a comparison, left is what daz gave me and right is what I ended up with, hadn't realised just how much brighter I made it.

I forgot to render the background so it had to be added afterwards which is probably why it looks a little off.

realism_6_background_pre_Post.png realism_6-Canvas1-Beauty_post_vign.png

Edit: totally forgot to deal with the blur you get from the frequency separation. Damn it!

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
Some exposure and general colour changing, increased the skin texture in some areas and generally messed about with frequency separation.

Also added a vignette because by law you have to.

Here's a comparison, left is what daz gave me and right is what I ended up with, hadn't realised just how much brighter I made it.

I forgot to render the background so it had to be added afterwards which is probably why it looks a little off.

View attachment 269091 View attachment 269092
So you did that all with Photoshop? (I never did any post work, so I am always curious to see some of the results)
But it is awsome to see how much a picture can still improve.

Reactions: Namco15

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
So you did that all with Photoshop? (I never did any post work, so I am always curious to see some of the results)
But it is awsome to see how much a picture can still improve.
Yeah, you can do a lot of it with daz but it's a lot of messing around with shader parameters hoping you'll get a result you'll be happy with without being able to see it, if you're doing a one shot image it's easier to just do it in post most of the time.

You can get a lot of control if you export using canvases and do multiple passes for lights, it takes longer though so not always worth it.

Snarkfu

Mar 7, 2017
Thank you guys for likes on past days. Hope i'll get better in time.

My day 9 render working with Daz3D: View attachment 269089

Full image here

Render 25% after 3h , face not finished eyes+ a bit from nose not render at all because is complex. I need to go to sleep and since is no way to resume after exiting daz, life, ill try tomorrow.
Light on her, bar has natural day light, (i could use night lights of the bar), pants dforced, small bends on her left leg /crotch zone)

Please reviews and comments like always. Just dont be harsh, im just a noob.
Looks pretty good, not sure about the angle of her shoulder, looks like her torso should be tilted forward a little so that her right arm is straighter.

Also, while you can't resume a rendered that has been closed you can pause as long as you haven't reached the end of your render time, you'd still lose it if you exited Daz though.

MovieMike

Aug 4, 2017
Redid the bar a bit and just cobbled it together with different assets from different sets, made the floor with a simple plane. Render the character in 4k and downsampled, bg in 1080p with denoiser on. Combined and colored in PS. 3 point spot lighting for her only. For the bg, used an hdri, 2 spots, and a few ghost lights.

Quisha: Well, are you going to say something or just stare all day?

6. Quisha.png

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes