3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes
Jan 29, 2024
anyone have Idea How I can Improve This Render. View attachment 18011
Brighten it up a little bit? Or maybe add some color. I can tell it's a work in progress, since you canceled the render long before there were enough iterations. You definitely need more light, especially if someone is viewing from a phone. Renders look much darker on a phone, and I'm viewing from a PC.

Last edited:

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
I have a habit of saving each scene before I render them so if anything goes wrong, I don't lose any work. Different pose, different scene save filename.
I do also save a scene, but just the "base", then do pose-variations and save just the additional poses, so it is easy to create some sort of "timeline" from one pose to another, without having to load the whole scene every time.
So, generally, there is one scene and x-sum of poses to that. If I do dforce, I usually save that in its own scene.

The part that was "going wrong" with my initial post, was my habit of backing up my render & scene-dirs to an external source every now and then and pulling the latest files from its original network share to be locally available on the daz-machine. I do that with a batch-script mirroring using robocopy or rsync and let that run in the background while having the daz-session, so most of the time, my dirs are in sync.
Problem was, I was not attentive enough. I initially write and load the scene & pose-files to the network-share, and do not have them locally until I sync again. This time, I unfortunately set my net-share as target, and therefore the additional new files were purged. And had also not been backuped, as it was also running ... from the netshare to backup.

Long story concerning no real problems, just five poses and one scene for nothing. :cool:

• Wow
Reactions: Night Hacker

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I like that blurriness to some degree, it gives a kind of "cheap camera/dirty lens" effect. Would not do the entirety of renders that way, but in this case, I like it!
Still testing the waters. Being gone for over a year, I need to remember stuff. That was an accident though, I wanted the blurry effect, but not EVERYWHERE.

However, I'm not a fan of clinically clean renders. I do want to emulate photographs with my renders. Though I mostly lean towards polaroid 669/instax type of renders/post processing. That one looks quite older.

test5.png

This for example, is something I'm much more happy with, (not for the frame, lol) because to the best of my ability with iray and PS, it follows 669's rules. (average estimate of lines per inch for render resolution, proper grain simulation, ISO, color tone etc.) But there's no way in hell a polaroid with a 669 would take such a dark image. So..I get one thing right, a few things wrong, every step of the way.

Last edited:

wildcat99sh

Aug 31, 2017
Still testing the waters. Being gone for over a year, I need to remember stuff. That was an accident though, I wanted the blurry effect, but not EVERYWHERE.

However, I'm not a fan of clinically clean renders. I do want to emulate photographs with my renders. Though I mostly lean towards polaroid 669/instax type of renders/post processing. That one looks quite older.

View attachment 3315002

This for example, is something I'm much more happy with, (not for the frame, lol) because to the best of my ability with iray and PS, it follows 669's rules. (average estimate of lines per inch for render resolution, proper grain simulation, ISO, color tone etc.) But there's no way in hell a polaroid with a 669 would take such a dark image. So..I get one thing right, a few things wrong, every step of the way.
Looks really good and now i understand your approach.

But what is this?
1706788265716.png

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021

View attachment 3315002

I am not familiar with 669, didn't know this until now. But I like the idea of creating "photos" (polaroid, old prints of fotos), especially the effects done preferrably with daz only ... bit pw is also ok!
Again, nice work!

atheran

Feb 3, 2020
I am not familiar with 669, didn't know this until now. But I like the idea of creating "photos" (polaroid, old prints of fotos), especially the effects done preferrably with daz only ... bit pw is also ok!
Again, nice work!

To go into a bit more detail, I had a full suit of adjusted and custom made setups in daz before. Lights (physically accurate, not that adjusted ones Daz has), adjusted hdris to be physically accurate rather than approximated for artistic purposes, modeled gobos, barns, reflectors and diffusers, flash etc. Some that I adjusted from products in daz store, aome that I made from scratch. All in attempt to get it as close as to how photography really works, at least for the stuff that I can simulate, the rest, like the lenses and cameras, I have to settle for emulation at best.

I lost it all, and the past 3-4 renders were done exclusively with Daz's implementation of a lighting system, which while fast, is not accurate enough. So mistakes like that have to be expected. At least until I get my collection back up and running again.

EDIT: And yes, running the light through a modeled diffuser, or using a reflector as a main source of light, adds several hours to the render.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: mastergobbo

mastergobbo

Oct 17, 2021
To go into a bit more detail, I had a full suit of adjusted and custom made setups in daz before. Lights (physically accurate, not that adjusted ones Daz has), adjusted hdris to be physically accurate rather than approximated for artistic purposes, modeled gobos, barns, reflectors and diffusers, flash etc. Some that I adjusted from products in daz store, aome that I made from scratch. All in attempt to get it as close as to how photography really works, at least the stuff that I can simulate, the rest, like lenses and cameras I have to settle for emulation at best.

I lost it all, and the past 3-4 renders were done exclusively with Daz's implementation of a lighting system, which fast, is not accurate enough. So mistakes like that have to be expected. At least until I get my collection back up and running again.

EDIT: And yes, running the light through a modeled diffuser, or using a reflector as a main source of light, adds several hours to the render.
Feels like very impressive labour you invested there! I hope you get your "setup" back, presumably with much time and more ... effort ;)

firogenis80

Oct 11, 2019
DRAGONFLY PATROL ep 3 in 4k
The third part of my series "Dragonfly patrol" this one ( like part 2 ) starts exactly where the previous ends ..so combined together all parts of this series make a huge story consisting of over 300 scenes, all in 4K ...Part 4 is in the works and probably will be released in February.
Find it on :

Join my discord for more exclusive stuff :

p311.jpg p314.jpg p315.jpg p355.jpg p377.jpg

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes