3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Yup. Daz animation actually isn't too difficult. You create a pose, click to add a key frame. They maybe select an area 30 frames later, repose the character, create another key frame. And the animator will fill in what is needed between your two poses.

For my walking animation (which still needs work) I only created TWO poses. One with the left leg forward, right leg back plus arms etc... and the second with the opposite. I then copied the first frame to the last so that it would move back to the start position and that's it. It's seriously not difficult. I just suck at my poses! LOL ;)
it gets much more complicated very quickly when you want to start adding interactions, or whole body movement and make it look decent, I think Daz realized it themselves and tried to make it a bit more userfriendly with AniMate2, probably with the idea that their product developers will be producing and selling aniblocks on daz shop, but it doesn't seem it got anywhere, lack of items in the shop and generally there are very few tutorials on yt for it suggest it isn't popular, in fact, anyone seems to suggest dropping that idea

and I'm talking naked bodies here, I suspect if you want to start using something like dforce clothing, it would turn into complete nightmare

wd1111

Sep 26, 2021
Question for all the artist here. I have been dabbling in
Daz Studio for some time now. I also use Adobe Photoshop some as well for post render work. I keep reading other places that I need to learn Blender? Is it really what I need to do? I dont use my art in animations or games. Blender appears to have a huge learning curve. And me knocking on the door of 60 years old, I dont know if I want to invest the time and energy to learn it? Any advice any of you could swing my way? Deeply appreciate ya!
Blender is necessary if you want to start doing more advanced stuff, customization, modify figures or other 3d models, do some sculpting and so on, but yes - the learning curve is steep if you're unfamiliar with 3D, also integration between Blender and Daz kind of sucks, so if you have spare 40$ a month, I'd suggest you get zbrush if you only want to make morphs and such, it has a much better bridge to move the models between both softwares, sadly the only version of zbrush that works with the bridge is the full 40$ one, I tried the cheaper 10$ subscription, and it just didn't work with the bridge

Reactions: Sand2022 and Jumbi
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes