3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
@zipzinger: Maybe you can let the colour of the stage lighting depend on the state of the piece? Say, for instance, that it is in danger of being taken by an opposing piece, you'd have red lighting. If it is capable of taking a piece, another colour. Check, yet another. Just thinking out loud.. :)

again a gif
now with the pawn of chess
this is the second char i completed for the full chess set
1 questions though:
i have red lights in the podium
would you like me to replace that for a mirror?
keep in mind the chess board is already full with reflecting gold and silver

zipzinger

Aug 13, 2018
@zipzinger: Maybe you can let the colour of the stage lighting depend on the state of the piece? Say, for instance, that it is in danger of being taken by an opposing piece, you'd have red lighting. If it is capable of taking a piece, another colour. Check, yet another. Just thinking out loud.. :)
it sounds awsome
i am not building an interactive game its just a picture but thats a damn cool ideah if i am going to fiddle with the set and make some action in the chess set <3

Reactions: OhJo

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
Meet Emma.. the same character in three stages of life. Total nerd as a child, nicknamed 'Rage' as a teen - let's call it a rebellious phase - and finally grown up to be a nice young lady. The thing poking her head with the spear in the background is .. accidental foreshadowing, I suppose.

Not sure what happened to kid-Emma's head's shadow.

EmmaGrowth_park_1.png

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
:unsure:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
I like the concept and the model and the background and the light and... well, something is off. I think it's the shadows. Is it possible that you rendered model and background separately? Or maybe it's that the model that looks so "clean" compared to the background. I'm really not sure atm.

Reactions: OhJo

Vanaduke

Oct 27, 2017
To adjust the light intensity you can do either of the following:
- Render Settings \ Environment Intensity (higher = brighter)
- Render Settings \ Shutter Speed (lower = brighter)

You don't really want a sun disk as you need to have light hitting the window from many directions (hence HDRI). A sun dusk is more of a spotlight / distant light rather than HDRI. Not familiar with Outdoor INT 250, however the HDRI in the following location should work ok.
My Daz 3D Library \ Light Presets \ Iray HDR Outdoor Enironments \ DTHDR-SunsetA - Believe it comes as part of Daz4+

If you aren't happy with the amount of light inside you can always create an emissive sphere with a temperature of around 4500K to get yellow light. Method of how to create your own "ghost light" is within my tutorial thread (see sig).
Does this method allows light to pass through the window and illuminate the room? Thats kinda what I'm aiming for.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes