3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
I like the concept and the model and the background and the light and... well, something is off. I think it's the shadows. Is it possible that you rendered model and background separately? Or maybe it's that the model that looks so "clean" compared to the background. I'm really not sure atm.
Indeed I have used that method! Though the shadow on the character (as you can see from the sword's one, reflected on the throne on the right side) wouldn't not be seen anyway since the lights was mostly from the right side. Though maybe now that I think about it, maybe the left hand (or the whole arm?) would've shown something on the left side of the throne..

But TL;DR yep, I used that because the throne already di per se was a pain in the ass, and with the model there the time was doubled somehow. But next time I guess I won't "spare" anything and actually do it properly xD

Reactions: recreation

lancelotdulak

Nov 7, 2018
Please allow me to introduce Jax. She's a character in a game i'm working on. I'd welcome any feedback on these sample renders.

View attachment 278039 View attachment 278041
More realism. This could be an amazing character but the eyes and expression are cookie cutter nonhuman. I think it's mostly the smile . the first is better than the second. id suggest adjusting the bones yourself . The character is close but.. if i saw a woman looking like that id avoid her like the plague (and i have). Hope you take this as constructive criticism

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Meet Emma.. the same character in three stages of life. Total nerd as a child, nicknamed 'Rage' as a teen - let's call it a rebellious phase - and finally grown up to be a nice young lady. The thing poking her head with the spear in the background is .. accidental foreshadowing, I suppose.

Not sure what happened to kid-Emma's head's shadow.

View attachment 278076
Love these characters, OhJo! (y) I like the slightly toonish element to them (I find that side-steps the Uncanny Valley common to a lot of CGI) and I think adult Emma is gorgeous. Overlaying renders on a photo can be a tricky integration... might I suggest using lights in scene rather than the camera headlamp? It should avoid issues like the kid's shadow. I'd also be inclined to reduce the head-propagating scale on the kid (unless her skull shrunk as she aged :LOL:).

Reactions: OhJo

RanliLabz

Creating SpaceCorps XXX
Donor
Game Developer
Mar 5, 2018
Such a pity.
The premise would make for a nice small kinetic novel.
:D Thanks! The idea had been for her and Peeping Tom to set off around Norman England righting wrongs (still naked, of course!) Unfortunately the concept then got simultaneously more left-wing and more rapey than fits my style. :LOL:

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
This, I have to see. Sounds like comedy gold. :LOL:

:D Thanks! The idea had been for her and Peeping Tom to set off around Norman England righting wrongs (still naked, of course!) Unfortunately the concept then got simultaneously more left-wing and more rapey than fits my style. :LOL:

Reactions: RanliLabz and BeCe
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes