3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Evic

May 25, 2018
5th shot. What do you think guys? Honestly im not happy how the light position turned out.
Low light scenes are always tough :)

First, good job on the pose and applying some gravity to her breasts, most people forget about that and little details like that help a LOT. Plus side boobs are awesome.

As for the lighting, I see a couple things that stand out. The sofa really needs to be a different color so you have some more contrast between it and the model. You should be able to tint the material in the surface editor or even just make the sofa materal darker so she stands out more. The light angle itself looks good, you may be able to just adjust her leg pose slightly. Maybe just move her left leg down and her right leg up so they're in the opposite position they are now, that will put the "dark" leg beneath the "light" leg which should help the overall image. Sometimes lighting is as much about the pose as it is the lights, particularly so with dramatic, low light images.

Oh, kill the ground too. It will look better with just blackness down there rather than that odd light ring for no reason.

Still, it's a good shot overall, I'd be happy with it.

Edit: I forgot one thing, if you're going to make it so dark you can't see her face, don't have her looking at the camera. If she's going to look at the camera make sure you can see her face, or at least part of it if you're going for a dramatic reveal.

Reactions: Krull and Nomec104

Nomec104

Jul 28, 2017
Low light scenes are always tough :)

First, good job on the pose and applying some gravity to her breasts, most people forget about that and little details like that help a LOT. Plus side boobs are awesome.

As for the lighting, I see a couple things that stand out. The sofa really needs to be a different color so you have some more contrast between it and the model. You should be able to tint the material in the surface editor or even just make the sofa materal darker so she stands out more. The light angle itself looks good, you may be able to just adjust her leg pose slightly. Maybe just move her left leg down and her right leg up so they're in the opposite position they are now, that will put the "dark" leg beneath the "light" leg which should help the overall image. Sometimes lighting is as much about the pose as it is the lights, particularly so with dramatic, low light images.

Oh, kill the ground too. It will look better with just blackness down there rather than that odd light ring for no reason.

Still, it's a good shot overall, I'd be happy with it.

Edit: I forgot one thing, if you're going to make it so dark you can't see her face, don't have her looking at the camera. If she's going to look at the camera make sure you can see her face, or at least part of it if you're going for a dramatic reveal.
Hey thanks so far bro, thats a very helpfull. Sadly i noticed your post after i started making another render, and thus the problems with the couch and ground are still present. One more thing, which color do you think will be good for the couch?

This thing... This thing is just a war machine. :cry:

Reactions: Namco15 and OhJo

Evic

May 25, 2018
Hey thanks so far bro, thats a very helpfull. Sadly i noticed your post after i started making another render, and thus the problems with the couch and ground are still present. One more thing, which color do you think will be good for the couch?
Dark gray or dark blue would be subtle and keep the attention on her.

Also, one of my favorite tricks for scenes like this that may help in the future is to use the default environment dome set to zero intensity and no ground, that just turns the entire scene black so you don't need to be bothered with things like floors and walls unless you need them for dForce (even then you can remove them after simulating).

Reactions: Nomec104
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes