3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
My max. rendering full iray without optimizing (next step) : 6 Chars (mixed g3/g8F + 1 Env. + 5 lights (2 for the shoulders: right warm/left cold, 2 face light surface: left for the sun adjusted by the lumens + right lumens identic but luminosity reduced to reduce the shadows, one for the backlighting) +1 cam
I use 15.5/16gb ram + 33.8/35gb virtual memory, max. 50 for both before lost my graphic driver with a 7th char. Which means that daz ends up turning for nothing until we stop him.
Forced to work with only 1080 otherwise I lose the graphic driver if I join my 4790k in the battle. I love my pc or not...
I finally know my limit.
pool.png

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
My max. rendering full iray without optimizing (next step) : 6 Chars (mixed g3/g8F + 1 Env. + 5 lights (2 for the shoulders: right warm/left cold, 2 face light surface: left for the sun adjusted by the lumens + right lumens identic but luminosity reduced to reduce the shadows, one for the backlighting) +1 cam
I use 15.5/16gb ram + 33.8/35gb virtual memory, max. 50 for both before lost my graphic driver with a 7th char. Which means that daz ends up turning for nothing until we stop him.
Forced to work with only 1080 otherwise I lose the graphic driver if I join my 4790k in the battle. I love my pc or not...
I finally know my limit.
View attachment 280452
damn it looks great

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
Probably I shouldn't ask here.. but since this thread is pretty much viewed by everyone, it's the only option (?) xD
One question: I wanted to make a monochrome render but at the same time, I wanted to set up some emissive lights coming from the eyes and the lips (the color of course) but how do I do that? Saturation is good for that, but I think that takes away completely all of the colors that the scene can have in that moment and in fact, I tried to use some emissive for the eyes and lips but with no avail at all because is still displayed in black and white. So.. there's another way? I tried to look for something on google, but or there's nothing or maybe I searched with the wrong words :/

Reactions: zramcharan

GuyFreely

May 2, 2018
lol - getting that Walk of Shame vibe from her. Amazing scenery and fantastic lighting... I've been searching for the environment. Is it Streets of Morocco? Cos if it is I'm buying it! :love:
Indeed it is Streets of Morocco. I used a Dimension Theory Skies of iRadiance for the dome.

Reactions: RanliLabz

OhJo

Feb 20, 2019
I would just make the render in full colour, and then use Photoshop to apply a monochrome filter. Not sure if that's the best way to do it though. :)

Probably I shouldn't ask here.. but since this thread is pretty much viewed by everyone, it's the only option (?) xD
One question: I wanted to make a monochrome render but at the same time, I wanted to set up some emissive lights coming from the eyes and the lips (the color of course) but how do I do that? Saturation is good for that, but I think that takes away completely all of the colors that the scene can have in that moment and in fact, I tried to use some emissive for the eyes and lips but with no avail at all because is still displayed in black and white. So.. there's another way? I tried to look for something on google, but or there's nothing or maybe I searched with the wrong words :/

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
There are several ways to do this. I think the easiest would be to render a full-colour base pic and later use a b/w gradient or desaturate a masked layer. Another would be to use a b/w colourmap on your textures besides the lips and the eyes.

Reactions: brynhildr

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
There are several ways to do this. I think the easiest would be to render a full-colour base pic and later use a b/w gradient or desaturate a masked layer. Another would be to use a b/w colourmap on your textures besides the lips and the eyes.
So within Daz3d unless it's a full black and white pictures, there's nothing you can do about it? Only with Photoshop in the end. Thanks to all of you that answered me (y)

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
So within Daz3d unless it's a full black and white pictures, there's nothing you can do about it? Only with Photoshop in the end. Thanks to all of you that answered me (y)
you can try B&W Shaders on everything in Daz except the eyes. If you want the glow to affect the color then take one with the full color and one with the black and white shaders and do the mask thing

brynhildr

Compulsive Gambler
Jun 2, 2017
you can try B&W Shaders on everything in Daz except the eyes. If you want the glow to affect the color then take one with the full color and one with the black and white shaders and do the mask thing
God bless you. Can this work even with Gen3? Since the model I'm working with right now is mostly based on that and not gen8 :unsure:

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
God bless you. Can this work even with Gen3? Since the model I'm working with right now is mostly based on that and not gen8 :unsure:
I am not sure. you could try a manual swap. I do know there are UV swaps for 3 to 8 or M2f (as I used on Dalla) and F2Mso you might have to convert the figure to 8 to get it to work

Reactions: brynhildr
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes