• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Antiochus

Jun 21, 2017
I am running
1 Intel HD 4600
1 ATI Radeon R7 370
1 Nvidia GeForce 440 GT
Intel 17 3.6
Ram 16gb
So yeah 4 hours is the longest a render has taken me Usually because as I said I run Spotify and Chrome while making a scene and keep them on when rendering.

BTW anyone know how I can utilize ALL my Graphics cards for rendering it would be a great help as the Radeon card is actually better for gaming than the Nvidia or will I have to replace the Radeon with an Nvidia?
According to tech notes I read from nvidea and reports from users here and on the Daz forums, SLI does nothing for IRay. SLI is disabled or ignored under iray the same with the ATI card for Iray as iray is nvidea specific. You can set up the displays to run off of the ATI or the Intel and use the nvidea card for iray only. For iray purposes the 440 has a very low cuda core count and low rendering memory configuration both of which are impacting your render time. Pick up a used gtx 1070 or 1080. The GTX 1080 has 8GB of GDDR5X memory, while the GTX 1070 has 8GB of standard GDDR5 RAM. The former memory is faster, with a 10,000MHz clock compared to the 8,000MHz in the GTX 1070. The GDDR5X memory has a 320-bit bus – wider than the 256-bit included on the GTX 1070. IRay works best with higher cuda core and memory specs. I started with a 1050ti card and suffered with painfully long renders. Upgraded to a 1080 and learned to optimize with much improved results. Seldome does a render take longer than an hour. Some renders will still drop down to using the CPU which is slower that your 440. Complex or graphics heavy scenes will drop to cpu renders and drive up your render times. Read up in the programming and development (3d software) forum on how to optimize your scenes. Your base system memory at 16 is ok. I would up it to 32 if you are able to.

Reactions: zramcharan

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
According to tech notes I read from nvidea and reports from users here and on the Daz forums, SLI does nothing for IRay. SLI is disabled or ignored under iray the same with the ATI card for Iray as iray is nvidea specific. You can set up the displays to run off of the ATI or the Intel and use the nvidea card for iray only. For iray purposes the 440 has a very low cuda core count and low rendering memory configuration both of which are impacting your render time. Pick up a used gtx 1070 or 1080. The GTX 1080 has 8GB of GDDR5X memory, while the GTX 1070 has 8GB of standard GDDR5 RAM. The former memory is faster, with a 10,000MHz clock compared to the 8,000MHz in the GTX 1070. The GDDR5X memory has a 320-bit bus – wider than the 256-bit included on the GTX 1070. IRay works best with higher cuda core and memory specs. I started with a 1050ti card and suffered with painfully long renders. Upgraded to a 1080 and learned to optimize with much improved results. Seldome does a render take longer than an hour. Some renders will still drop down to using the CPU which is slower that your 440. Complex or graphics heavy scenes will drop to cpu renders and drive up your render times. Read up in the programming and development (3d software) forum on how to optimize your scenes. Your base system memory at 16 is ok. I would up it to 32 if you are able to.
Thanks I will check the used PC stores for a 1080

jfredy78

Jul 22, 2017
From my Logfile:
2019-04-11 02:55:55.974 Total Rendering Time: 3 hours 42 minutes 14.49 seconds
2019-04-11 07:26:26.818 Iray INFO - module:category(IRAY:RENDER): 1.0 IRAY rend info : CUDA device 0 (GeForce GTX 1070): 2524 iterations, 47.229s init, 13264.022s render

(it would probably have looked good with half that itterations)

My PC:
Intel i7 4770-K
8GB Ram DDR3
GTX 1070 8GB GRaphics card

So its not a big pc at all.
LOL My PC :
Intel i3 2120
8GB Ram DDR3
GTX 750 4GB graphics card :cry::cry::cry:

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
It depends upon what you are seeking to achieve, however if you wish to create a bit more realism, I would suggest the following adjustments:
- Greater skin colour variation (veins / splotches / moles / freckles).
- A reduction in the skin bump map (skin looks a little too sandpaperish).
- Nail colour is a little odd.
- Mouth is too narrow.
- Eyes are too large and too high on the face.
- Nose pinch is out (too wide at the bridge and too narrow at the nostrils). -ve nose pinch will fix this.
- The hair asset is a little poor. I would suggest you replace or reduce the surface roughness / increase glossiness to give it more reflective qualities.

Personally I like to create as much realism as possible and then distort the quality I am seeking to express in my creativity. The advantage of this is that the viewer engages with the image because it looks human, then appreciates the artistic tweak. As an example, I have been working on my character Rachel on and off for a couple of months for inclusion in my VN. In the spoiler below is probably the 20th test render I have done to tweak the character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
That is not too strong skin bump map, it is too high skin sub displacement level.
I am happy to admit that I am somewhat unfamiliar with skin sub displacement level, however I would suggest that the issue is more easily rectified by reducing the bump map to values <=1. Happy to be proven wrong, once VDawe has had a play with the surface settings.

Techn0magier

Jul 2, 2017
It depends upon what you are seeking to achieve, however if you wish to create a bit more realism, I would suggest the following adjustments:
- Greater skin colour variation (veins / splotches / moles / freckles).
- A reduction in the skin bump map (skin looks a little too sandpaperish).
- Nail colour is a little odd.
- Mouth is too narrow.
- Eyes are too large and too high on the face.
- Nose pinch is out (too wide at the bridge and too narrow at the nostrils). -ve nose pinch will fix this.
- The hair asset is a little poor. I would suggest you replace or reduce the surface roughness / increase glossiness to give it more reflective qualities.

Personally I like to create as much realism as possible and then distort the quality I am seeking to express in my creativity. The advantage of this is that the viewer engages with the image because it looks human, then appreciates the artistic tweak. As an example, I have been working on my character Rachel on and off for a couple of months for inclusion in my VN. In the spoiler below is probably the 20th test render I have done to tweak the character.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
And I thought I am nitpicky with my OC models. XD Btw, I like her nipples, Zev0 or originals?

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
I'm trying to learn for my game.

This ones are literally my first three works on Daz3d and any help is appreciated =)
Nice work for your early attempts at Daz. Firstly as a quick heads up the nipple poke-through on your bimbo render, is a result of the mesh resolution of the character vs dress. You really need to set nipples to zero when applying a dress.

As a suggestion to the next steps for learning I would suggest the following:
- Introduce yourself to lighting (HDRI and 3 point lighting)
- Learn about surfaces (IMHO the difference between a mediocre and a great render)

I have posted some tutorials that I created in my sig, that I hope they will assist you in learning the basics.

Reactions: Arthoneceron

Arthoneceron

Jul 5, 2017
Nice work for your early attempts at Daz. Firstly as a quick heads up the nipple poke-through on your bimbo render, is a result of the mesh resolution of the character vs dress. You really need to set nipples to zero when applying a dress.

As a suggestion to the next steps for learning I would suggest the following:
- Introduce yourself to lighting (HDRI and 3 point lighting)
- Learn about surfaces (IMHO the difference between a mediocre and a great render)

I have posted some tutorials the I created in my sig, that I hope they will assist you in learning the basics.
Thank you, I'll take a look on them! And yeah, the clipping was really a problem, not only with the nipple, but also with the hair.

People suggest me to take a look on the Zbrush, but I think that's too complex for a beginner. But eventually I'll try.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes