3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ybdevres

Mar 29, 2019
Finally made very detailed milfy skin :giggle:

View attachment 328501
That's got to be some of the best skin I've seen ... (for years, I've admired how much detail you and Lexx228 get with your skins / I remember the 'vampire' version of Lilith 7 you posted with great detailing).

A while back, I figured out that you can push original Daz character HD skins passed 100% to create more detail (something Lewdlab does, though it does create artefacts especially around the underside of the breasts and other crease zones).

Obviously, lighting is a big player / bad light, bad render.

Then, you have the dual-lobe specular weighting to create micro/macro detailing, and possibly the glossy weighting for a 'third lobe'. Reflectivity on top of that. And, bump / normal mapping adjustments ...

Maybe sub-div 4 or 5? (4 is the max I tend to use).

Short of some really high-def maps, I'm completely stumped how you create this level of detail.

When you get a moment, you've gotta spill your secrets :love:
(or not ;))

Last edited:
Reactions: SpikeGames

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
Xavster I think I noticed similar issues with the desk lamps in the Oxford Library. Light through glass is pretty bad. Fireflies everywhere. I know (non-Daz) people that actually avoid putting glass in their windows to speed up renders where light would be coming in from outside and then they fake the glass in photoshop, gotta be clever with reflections though.

Reactions: Xavster

SpikeGames

Feb 15, 2017
That's got to be some of the best skin I've seen ... (for years, I've admired how much detail you and Lexx288 get with your skins / I remember the 'vampire' version of Lilith 7 you posted with great detailing).

A while back, I figured out that you can push original Daz character HD skins passed 100% to create more detail (something Lewdlab does, though it does create artefacts especially around the underside of the breasts and other crease zones).

Obviously, lighting is a big player / bad light, bad render.

Then, you have the dual-lobe specular weighting to create micro/macro detailing, and possibly the glossy weighting for a 'third lobe'. Reflectivity on top of that. And, bump / normal mapping adjustments ...

Maybe sub-div 4 or 5? (4 is the max I tend to use).

Short of some really high-def maps, I'm completely stumped how you create this level of detail.

When you get a moment, you've gotta spill your secrets :love:
(or not ;))
(Sry for my bad English)

Glad you like it :giggle:

Tbh there is no secrets, cause I don't have writer to make game and etc etc. So it's just renders :)

First of all - skin and normal maps. I spend so much time to find detailed/realistic skin. (I mean, that character don't look like a doll you know, its beautiful but when milf look like 12yo girl without any 'detail' it's kinda... meh...)
So:

Lilith 7HD/Ophelia 7HD/Avery(P3DOZI)/LydiaHD(Maelwenn)/AnaHD(Rpublishing) - that a good start to make realistic skin, cause 'others' have some serious problems with Normal map's and etc. This type of skins fit together perfectly.

So, I take Avery skin for example > than use Ophelia Normal maps and her Full HD details > than go Surfaces - skin - Base mixing S/G - than some tweaks with translucency weight to make skin/lips a little pale you know > than reflectivity/glossiness and a ton of little tweaks like this ;D > and N.G.S Anagenessis 2 - High level pores. I think that's all. In general, nothing complicated but ton of little tweaks 'for myself'.
Aaand ofc lights...
But that's another story :)

ybdevres

Mar 29, 2019
(Sry for my bad English)

Glad you like it :giggle:

Tbh there is no secrets, cause I don't have writer to make game and etc etc. So it's just renders :)

First of all - skin and normal maps. I spend so much time to find detailed/realistic skin. (I mean, that character don't look like a doll you know, its beautiful but when milf look like 12yo girl without any 'detail' it's kinda... meh...)
So:

Lilith 7HD/Ophelia 7HD/Avery(P3DOZI)/LydiaHD(Maelwenn)/AnaHD(Rpublishing) - that a good start to make realistic skin, cause 'others' have some serious problems with Normal map's and etc. This type of skins fit together perfectly.

So, I take Avery skin for example > than use Ophelia Normal maps and her Full HD details > than go Surfaces - skin - Base mixing S/G - than some tweaks with translucency weight to make skin/lips a little pale you know > than reflectivity/glossiness and a ton of little tweaks like this ;D > and N.G.S Anagenessis 2 - High level pores. I think that's all. In general, nothing complicated but ton of little tweaks 'for myself'.
Aaand ofc lights...
But that's another story :)
Thanks for the explanation: I'd completely forgotten about the Anagenessis shaders! So much more to learn and experiment with :)

Again, my thanks.
(you should totally make a game / find a writer / with your skills, the money is there to be made)

Reactions: SpikeGames

NSF-95

Jun 28, 2018
View attachment 329098

Integrated the free bollard asset into the tranquil garden asset. One item I will highlight is that the light sourcing from the bollards does converge correctly in Daz. They have an emissive globe inside a transparent diffuser. By turning off the globe and making the diffuser emissive, I achieved a better image from 1 iteration than 500 iterations with the base bollard setup.

Have seen this previously on assets where they place globes behind glass. By making the glass emissive instead, the rendering convergence will be rapidly reduced and the light props looks exactly the same.
I still can't figure out a nice night effect without making the character too dark :unsure:

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes