3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
I still can't figure out a nice night effect without making the character too dark :unsure:
Try experimenting with ghost lights. Emissive primitives such as planes with their opacity cranked right down. You can give them some colour such as a blue hue to give a nighttime vibe and play around with the strength and/or distance from the character.

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018
A new character, I tried changing the textures of posters and of course have some problems!
(The posters are from the Comic Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic)

So I have two problems here:
  1. I can't morph the lips at all. Nothing changes and they really look weird, but I have the problem in like every character, so is it possible that the lip-morphs are kind of locked?
  2. The Iris is really dark and I don't know how to fix it. I already tried some things in the surface settings, but it only got a bit lighter.

apolloladdie

Aug 5, 2017
A new character, I tried changing the textures of posters and of course have some problems!
(The posters are from the Comic Sunstone by Stjepan Sejic)

So I have two problems here:
  1. I can't morph the lips at all. Nothing changes and they really look weird, but I have the problem in like every character, so is it possible that the lip-morphs are kind of locked?
  2. The Iris is really dark and I don't know how to fix it. I already tried some things in the surface settings, but it only got a bit lighter.
Click on the Character.
Go to the parameters menu - same one used to move and do changes
At the top, you should see "All", "Favorites", ""Currently Used"
Right click on All used. Go to LOCK>UNLOCK SELECTED PROPERTIES. This may help.

Another thing to try. Click on Currently Used.
It should show you any parameter that you have changed.
Take Translate X for example. If you hover over it's title bar, you should see on the right hand side: Link, Lock, Favorite, Settings
IF the Lock is in a locked position, it will not change. If it is linked to something, that "something" will be able to change it.
So if we look at the mouth, (and if you have morphs for it), "Mouth Corners Up" is linked to "Mouth Corners Up Right", and "Mouth Corners Up Left". So if i use MCU, it will effect MCUR and MCUL. If i lock MCU, I may not be able to use MCUR or MCUL. The same will go for any expression or morph that effects those morphs.

Another thing to look at is the settings for that morph. If they have been modified or their range has been changed to lets say 50% to 55% only, then they will not change that much. Especially if the "Use Limits" is checked.

If none of these work, you may not have good face/mouth morphs. You may have to install them again, ensuring they are put into the correct folders.

As for the eyes, it is probably the texture map. Try a different eye texture. something that is a lighter color.
Go to the search bar under content library. Click the down arrow next to the magnifying glass on the right. Make sure it searches "file". Type in eye, or eyes and search. this should bring up anything and everything related to eyes. if you leave it on database, and not file, it WILL NOT bring back everything!!! Then find the eyes you like, make sure have selected your character in the scene, and then double click on the eye color you like.

I hope this helps you a little.

ꜱᴛᴀɢᴡᴏᴏᴅ

Bush Rustler
Donor
Aug 23, 2018
CarbonBlue I'd ditch the socks if you want a sleepwear look because right now it looks like a PE kit to me. I couldn't tell you if it's sexy or not because I'm a sucker for a pretty face and red hair and she has both so she could be wearing a sack and she'd still look great to me haha. Maybe try ankle socks or slippers?

Reactions: CarbonBlue

rofax

Artist
Game Developer
Sep 18, 2018
Can I ask you what ears you are using. I have an elvish OC. I do not like the ears though, and are looking for a better set
I beeeelieve it is the "EJ Fantasy Races Creator and Morphs for Genesis 8 Female(s) and Male(s)" elven ears just cranked up to 100 because I love long elf ears

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes