3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
Here is a test render, made with EEVEE. This is a commission for #Ataegina. I created entire location in Blender.
eevee2testrender_ataegina.jpg
Commission jobs are open now, you can contact me for pricing details on deviantart and F95zone. If you want unique environments; be it modern, medieval, fantasy, sci-fi; I can create all of them for you :)

Last edited:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
buy a render server like this which can give you upto 224 cores (448 threads) - you can buy basic servers on ebay companies are selling, they are normally $3000 for 48 cores, but they come with 256GB of ram so you don't need virtual memory slowing things down 100x

you probably need daz3d pro for server rendering

all the latest tech for rendering gets displayed at conference every year
16k.. better fly to Thailand and buy hooker from there.. for that money you can fuck her until your balls are dry like Sahara Desert. (the average income in Thai it's ~500$/month.. do the math)
Hooker or 16k$ render server? hmm..

• Haha
Reactions: Fantabaldu

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
That probably took some serious manpower to lay the bricks in for the Entrance :LOL:
I think having them smaller would add to their size, it kinda looks like a miniature model tbh, the one from the Throne room looks just about right. Great work!
They are actually same size, however the throne is elevated for 1.5meters via 30x40cm steps. Also the throne itself is 2 meters long, excluding the horns. So it doesn't look small like the entrance door which is 2.5m +.3m tall. This is mainly caused by camera angles and elevation of the throne.

I saw in references for old greek architectures they used big stone blocks for the walls, I was suprised at first too:D.I made them bigger according to real life references.

Reactions: BrainDeadMonkey

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
16k.. better fly to Thailand and buy hooker from there.. for that money you can fuck her until your balls are dry like Sahara Desert. (the average income in Thai it's ~500$/month.. do the math)
It's expensive to pay for a ren'py game that may not work :cautious:

The worst pose to do on DAZ?
It's better not to zoom in...
pose_inserted.png

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
They are actually same size, however the throne is elevated for 1.5meters via 30x40cm steps. Also the throne itself is 2 meters long, excluding the horns. So it doesn't look small like the entrance door which is 2.5m +.3m tall. This is mainly caused by camera angles and elevation of the throne.

I saw in references for old greek architectures they used big stone blocks for the walls, I was suprised at first too:D.I made them bigger according to real life references.
And you know how to convert 3d Max to DAZ?

Reactions: hseigin
May 9, 2018

Those ancient people... too much time on their hand man :confused:
Thanks for the clarification mate (y)

hseigin

The Indomitable
Game Developer
May 18, 2019
I don't use 3dsmax but you should try to import it either as a fbx, obj or collada format. Your rigs will get messed up %90 chance and you have to rebuild your shaders in iray. Also you might have to tweak daz settings for normals and you have to experiment with scaling presets. These are the pointers I can give, but the rest of the stuff relies on the hands of mighty google and youtube:D

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I don't use 3dsmax but you should try to import it either as a fbx, obj or collada format. Your rigs will get messed up %90 chance and you have to rebuild your shaders in iray. Also you might have to tweak daz settings for normals and you have to experiment with scaling presets. These are the pointers I can give, but the rest of the stuff relies on the hands of mighty google and youtube:D
I would just like to make sure that the vbx or obj is all the structure that makes up the object, like if it is a car, that we are the doors, the hood, the rear male etc.. In unique settings to be able to interact on each component of the object and that I still haven't found how to do even on the giant google or youtube, I must have searched badly ^^

It's ok but thanks, It didn't cost anything to ask :)

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
If it is MAX format the only way is to *buy* yourself the new 3dmax and to use it to convert to other formats. There are sites on the net which offer online free convert from MAX, but they are scammers, miners or virus farms.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I would just like to make sure that the vbx or obj is all the structure that makes up the object, like if it is a car, that we are the doors, the hood, the rear male etc.. In unique settings to be able to interact on each component of the object and that I still haven't found how to do even on the giant google or youtube, I must have searched badly ^^

It's ok but thanks, It didn't cost anything to ask :)
Importing something in OBJ format makes it a single prop - doors, windows etc - everything becomes unmovable single block. If there aren't zillions separate objects the workaround is simple - open in Blender (for example) and expert every movable part as separate OBJ. But when exporting be careful to check the option "export selected objects only" because the default OBJ export settings of blender exports everything at once and DAZ of course combines this "everything" in a single prop.

Reactions: Larry Kubiac

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
Importing something in OBJ format makes it a single prop - doors, windows etc - everything becomes unmovable single block. If there aren't zillions separate objects the workaround is simple - open it Blender (for example) and expert every movable part as separate OBJ. But when exporting be careful to check the option "export selected objects only" because the default OBJ export settings of blender exports everything at once and DAZ of course combines this "everything" in a single prop.
There are hundreds of parts...
Toyota Supra Gt fast and furius
capture.png

xht_002

Sep 25, 2018
you get what you pay for, you could render a 8k image in 10 seconds, and render some hollywood movie sex animations

your still a whole lot better off getting a old render server on ebay, then buying RTX cards and be limited to virtual memory without spending another $3000 on 64GB of desktop RAM, to build a good desktop PC for rendering will cost $10,000+ anyway

May 9, 2018
you get what you pay for, you could render a 8k image in 10 seconds, and render some hollywood movie sex animations

your still a whole lot better off getting a old render server on ebay, then buying RTX cards and be limited to virtual memory without spending another $3000 on 64GB of desktop RAM, to build a good desktop PC for rendering will cost $10,000+ anyway
Well, it all really depends on what your end game is, is you're making money off your renders then whatever the cost is should be worth it imho. But if you're dabbling and just getting a kick out of your renders, it'd be wise to stick to longer render times instead because you'll just be wasting money; Higher specs require supporting hardware to keep the GPUs running; cooling, power, physical space and noise come into play and your electricity bills will eventually hike up as well...

What I can't stand is that when a "Game Developer" who pulls in $4K+ a month on pateron or whatelse still spends next to nothing, if any, on improving their hardware... unforgivable! :confused:

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
There are hundreds of parts...
Toyota Supra Gt fast and furius
View attachment 354897
Then don't use OBJ. Try DAE - if you export to DAE you can even keep Daz rigging, so maybe the import from DAE will be better too. Never tried to import FBX but no damage if you try it too. Still I think DAE may be better. Blender works with DAE too so if you don't havve DAE source import the OBJ to Blender and try to export as a whole as DAE. Never did it so not sure if it will work:)
Oh, and be careful with the scale. Importing a lot of objects to Daz with wrong scale will force you to redo the work again.

PS. will make quick check right now.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Tested with DAE - DAZ - didin't became a single object but I tested with furniture which had no rigging, so still not sure if it will import the rigging too.

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I'll also have to find out how to cut out parts under blender, because the front and rear lights, the windows are one and the same block.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I'll also have to find out how to cut out parts under blender, because the front and rear lights, the windows are one and the same block.
The hot key is P.

Edit: L selects too but maybe it was in edit mode only. Didn't use Blender for something more complex for a long time and started to forget.

Reactions: Larry Kubiac
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes