3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Powerbabe

Game Developer
Aug 1, 2018
I am an fan of using down-sampling personally. Currently my renders are set to stop at between 100 and 200 iterations, dependent upon the scene complexity (number of light sources). Typically I use a 2:1 down-sampling ratio hence my renders in terms of time are equivalent to 400 to 800 iterations without down-sampling. I render --> denoize --> reduce image size.

The very high iterations used by many users reminds me of a definition of insanity.
Insanity is to repeat something many times with the exact same starting conditions, expecting to get a different result.

Once you get past 100 iterations, each successive iteration adds very little data to the final result. By rendering at a higher resolution, you gain more data at way fewer iterations. Once you weed out the anomalies (denoizer - external program), you are left with a far superior set of data.
The downsampling trick is a good one, but what is this nonsense about iterations? Do you actually understand what an iteration in iRay is? That's now how it works at all.

For simple materials and shaders, yes, 100-200 iterations will be good enough, but for complex ones, like glass/high glossiness, transparency and so on, not even close. You need at least 1000 - 2000 iterations to make it look decent.

Of course, if you goal is to have everything in your image look like polished metal/plastic, why even bother using PBR Materials, if you don't care about the final result...

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
So basically those who have a shitty computer get bored for nothing to do that kind of thing. Already when I launch in ultra HD daz plant, ole.
OK,
Ultra HD, max samples ~200, and 200 iterations.
Result with 76 iteration 10 min render i stop vs first version 38min
denoiser_ultra_hd.png

First version
jealousy_2.png

It's more detailing, with Ultra HD tweaking -> Denoiser -> Resizing
Better detailing with 76 ite. vs +1000 ite. That will be the moral of it all.
Basically xavster is right.

Last edited:

GhostPhil

❤︎The Redhead Harem Master❤︎
Donor
Sep 3, 2018

Tortugenial

Jan 1, 2018
Tu as quoi comme cg ?
(What kind of cg do you have?)
J'ai commencé avec DAZ 4.10 et une GTX 1050Ti. Je suis passé depuis un mois à une petite CG pour le display et une RTX2080 pour le rendu :)
I started with DAZ 4.10 and a GTX 1050Ti. A month ago I pass to a small CG for the display and a RTX2080 for the render

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
J'ai commencé avec DAZ 4.10 et une GTX 1050Ti. Je suis passé depuis un mois à une petite CG pour le display et une RTX2080 pour le rendu :)
I started with DAZ 4.10 and a GTX 1050Ti. A month ago I pass to a small CG for the display and a RTX2080 for the render
Ah ben tu peux faire mumuse avec le denoiser ^^ Sa se voit les différence entre la rtx 2080 et les trucs bien plus bas de gamme.
Well, you can be a mummy with the denoiser ^^

CRISDARK31

Game Developer
Oct 18, 2018
[QUOTE = "SpikeGames, publicación: 2208342, miembro: 9749"]
Solo prueba el desnoiser, tiempo de procesamiento 30 segundos lul :inseguro:

View attachment 359181
[/CITAR]

lo siento y ese complemento o programa mientras lo descargo y cómo lo uso es que me lo contaron pero no sé cómo usarlo

Tortugenial

Jan 1, 2018
Ah ben tu peux faire mumuse avec le denoiser ^^ Sa se voit les différence entre la rtx 2080 et les trucs bien plus bas de gamme.
Well, you can be a mummy with the denoiser ^^
He He !! J'ai vu la différence avec mon ancienne GTX (qui n'était pas si mal mais je basculais tout le temps sur le CPU...)
Mais ça fait trois semaines que je n'ai pas ouvert DAZ j'ai envie de commencer de nouveaux projets. :giggle:
Je vais avoir plus te temps dans quelques jours !

Eh eh !! I saw the difference with my old GTX ...
But it's been three weeks since I did not open DAZ I want to start new projects.
I will have more time in a few days!

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes