3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Larry Kubiac

Feb 4, 2018
I downloaded the denoiser - but i have no idea how to use it, i double click on the denoiser but a black screen comes up and closes right away
Place the Denoiser_v1.1 folder on another disk than C:

Open folder Denoiser_v1.1
Creat a new file.txt
Add the spoiler:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Edit the spoiler for you
SET FILE_EXTENSION : jpg or png
SET PATH_TO_DENOISER="letter for your disk":\Denoiser_v1.1 ("letter for youre disk" = A B D E, etc...)

For finish the steps
Rename youre file on xxxxxxxx.bat

Put your jpg or png inside Denoiser_v1.1
And execute xxxxxxxx.bat

Enjoy!!!

Xavster

Game Developer
Mar 27, 2018
Hey Guys - i read the discussion a few pages back about the use of denoiser, i personally im not too familiar with it. im wondering if i can get some help with it?

Attached are a few sample images i created using the daz denoiser

1 - is at 500 iterations using the denoiser at 450 iteration
2 - is at 500 iterations using the denoiser at 499 iteration
3 - just 500 iterations no denoiser
4 - render at 3840x2160, 200 iterations, resized 1920x1080

1500 iterations ultrahd2- is 3840x2160 no denoiser, no post work
1500 iterations ultrahd3 - is 3840x2160, post work on lightroom, no denoiser
1500 iterations ultrahd4 - was rendered at 3840x2160, post work on lightroom, then resized 1920x1080

the images are still noisy as hell. can i get some tips on how to get rid of the noisy

im using 2 geforce gtx 1080 cards to render

thanks,
I have run the denoiser external to DAZ and then down-sampled to 1080p. However the final result isn't particularly good due to the very low convergence of the source image.
x_375689_1500_iterations_ultrahd-Beauty-2.jpg

The lighting setup in the original render isn't allowing the render to converge. Hence rather than the denoiser fixing a few isolated stray pixels, it's changing likely 1/2 the pixels. To improve the quality of the image you will need to try an alternative light setup.

Based upon what I can see, is the light setup a HDRI shining through a glass window? If this is the case, removing the glass on the window will fix the problem with the original render.

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
I have run the denoiser external to DAZ and then down-sampled to 1080p. However the final result isn't particularly good due to the very low convergence of the source image.
View attachment 362086

The lighting setup in the original render isn't allowing the render to converge. Hence rather than the denoiser fixing a few isolated stray pixels, it's changing likely 1/2 the pixels. To improve the quality of the image you will need to try an alternative light setup.

Based upon what I can see, is the light setup a HDRI shining through a glass window? If this is the case, removing the glass on the window will fix the problem with the original render.

I got the denoiser to work - thanks for the link, yeah im gonna work on the lighting on the scene. i just wanted to try out the denoiser and its awesome. thanks again

Insanepenguin91

Game Developer
May 18, 2017
Place the Denoiser_v1.1 folder on another disk than C:

Open folder Denoiser_v1.1
Creat a new file.txt
Add the spoiler:

Edit the spoiler for you
SET FILE_EXTENSION : jpg or png
SET PATH_TO_DENOISER="letter for your disk":\Denoiser_v1.1 ("letter for youre disk" = A B D E, etc...)

For finish the steps
Rename youre file on xxxxxxxx.bat

Put your jpg or png inside Denoiser_v1.1
And execute xxxxxxxx.bat

Enjoy!!!
i got it to work - thank you for help!! im gonna enjoy this alot!!

Reactions: Larry Kubiac

Yustu

May 22, 2018
Got some new assets, and decided that as most of my characters are quite petite, I needed someone a little different. So meet Rochelle, who could easily crush your head between her thighs if you don't know what you're doing down there...

View attachment 361817

Cool char, I really like her. Can You share assets names / character that this was based on ?

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes