3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Still new to DAZ and trying to figure out how rendering works. Today someone suggested exporting everything to Blender which worked okay and rendering goes way faster than with DAZ. But something went wrong I guess :censored: View attachment 365060
I think it is a problem with Blender not being able to handle iRay Shaders. you may have to convert them to 3DLight then tweak them in Blender. I get the same effect in Reality

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Is it easy to convert them? The export/import plugin is pretty new for Blender 2.8 so this might also be an issue.
For the meantime I dug around a little more and found some iRay presets for DAZ that my GPU seems to handle pretty good.
some assets come with 3DL converted mats which other programs can read easily. Also there is this:

nillamello

Game Developer
Oct 11, 2018
played around a little more, this time with DAZ. The images are not as high rez because I still have to play around with the details.
Samzis I'm not a blender guy so I can't talk to the specifics, but when certain aspects of a Daz model are ported to other programs, certain things need to be corrected: obviously, the shading network should be checked and updated to be comparable with your chosen render engine, but some other things can go missing as well. Bump maps, subsurface maps, displacement maps, etc. Basically all of the little bits and pieces that give depth to the model.

Honestly, and this is coming from a guy that really enjoys pulling Daz models into other programs, if you just want to decrease render time for solo model work, you should stick to Daz. Sure, iray can be shit, but if you're not familiar with your chosen secondary program, you'll spend a ton more time getting proficient with it than you would messing with iray settings. Now, if you want to do other things that Daz isn't good at (crowds, dynamics, simulations, animation... I'm sure I've forgotten other stuff), then by all means jump into things like Blender or Maya. There are some great free tutorials (not specifically for Daz stuff, but material conversion and dynamics are useful regardless).

Reactions: zramcharan

zramcharan

Aug 18, 2018
Long story short got some new assets to try out. Tried to use Daz 4.11 but seeing how my GeForce is not my main video card it wanted to render CPU only. Basically I updated the character skin by going back to Skin Builder (Offers a flawless base which works for elves.) Used Lickalicious. I used breastacular for the collision of Aria (blonde) breasts against Erasandre's (Brunette) torso. and tried different hair assets. I think I am going to go back to the original set. I like them a lot better on these two.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes