3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
Are most of these done solely in DAZ Studio (perhaps with some extensions), or do some folks do post work in Photoshop or somesuch? Just curious.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
Are most of these done solely in DAZ Studio (perhaps with some extensions), or do some folks do post work in Photoshop or somesuch? Just curious.
Not everything is great in Rome (this was supposed to be a joke). Sometimes a little photoChop is much easier and faster to fix small problems then to spend a lot of hours fighting some minuscule defect which appears on the renders. But basically - yes - there are literally thousands products for Daz Studio which can be used with relatively little or no adjustments at all.

Last edited:

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
It depends a bit on the scene. In some cases its easer to fix in post as Lednah pointed out. But sometimes i can speed up a render by adding smoke later using photoshop and making my render not as heavy. Also not all HDRI's support DOF so photoshop will help.
Sometimes people want to create something more artistic and do this in post.

But it just depends on what you had in mind as end result.

Reactions: megaplayboy10k

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
It depends a bit on the scene. In some cases its easer to fix in post as Lednah pointed out. But sometimes i can speed up a render by adding smoke later using photoshop and making my render not as heavy. Also not all HDRI's support DOF so photoshop will help.
Sometimes people want to create something more artistic and do this in post.

But it just depends on what you had in mind as end result.
Thanks. I guess another question would be whether game devs render strictly in the DAZ Studio app or whether they do post work.

Reactions: Mescalino

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Thanks. I guess another question would be whether game devs render strictly in the DAZ Studio app or whether they do post work.
I think the majority will just use DAZ with maybe some minor fixes. (using the brush tool to fix clipping is sometimes quicker then redoing the render).
Some might have created an action in photoshop and simply use a batch to give them all the same style/feel.

When you create a novel you don't want to make renders that take several hours like most of my renders do. You are aiming for x amount of renders per hour. You have to balance quality over quantity.

I simply put on a render at high settings and then go to bed. When i wake up my render will be done (in most cases). I dont care about time I care about quality. When doing a novel and next months update is about 300 renders you are looking at an average of 10 renders a day. So a render should be finished after 2 hours if you have your machine running non-stop. And this is not even taking in account writing and coding the story and setting up those scenes.

A trick that is used a lot is render in 4K and reduce the size to 1080p.

So mot will only render in DAZ as to make things go faster.

Lednah

Game Developer
Nov 24, 2017
I think the majority will just use DAZ with maybe some minor fixes. (using the brush tool to fix clipping is sometimes quicker then redoing the render).
Some might have created an action in photoshop and simply use a batch to give them all the same style/feel.

When you create a novel you don't want to make renders that take several hours like most of my renders do. You are aiming for x amount of renders per hour. You have to balance quality over quantity.

I simply put on a render at high settings and then go to bed. When i wake up my render will be done (in most cases). I dont care about time I care about quality. When doing a novel and next months update is about 300 renders you are looking at an average of 10 renders a day. So a render should be finished after 2 hours if you have your machine running non-stop. And this is not even taking in account writing and coding the story and setting up those scenes.

A trick that is used a lot is render in 4K and reduce the size to 1080p.

So mot will only render in DAZ as to make things go faster.
The strong point of Daz Studio is the overwhelming quantity of human models.But the sad truth is both Daz Studio and IRay render are grossly unoptimized. When I was using Blender 2.79 (didn't had a time to try 2.8) I had old 2GB Videocard and only 8 GB RAM. And still my PC was rendering sample scenes with 100-300 passes faster then IRay can even start the rendering with 8 GB 1070 Ti and 16 GB memory; not to mention you could really render a preview in real time and make adjustments in real time - unlike the IRay "real time" preview which is not qualified even to be called "a joke".

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes