3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

Hold

Aug 12, 2018
Raaaaaaven!! :love: Awesome work! how didbu managed to createher , or find the assets for it ?
Skin and makeup from 'Clary for Kanade 8' (done recolor)
Hair from 'Ellisea Hair'
Robe from 'Void Suit-X Outfit'
Top from 'X-The Fashion Swinsuit'
Gloves from 'Charmer Outfit'
The appearance from 'Morphs + ZBrush'

Last edited:
Reactions: VDawe

M7wXgJ7HfXi

Sep 9, 2019
Kind of, the first looks like moonlight, the 2nd looks pretty realistic, but the 3rd is the one where you can see the most detail. It is a fine line between realistic dark lighting, and allowing the player to see the detail of the scene you worked so hard on. Not all of us have bright enough screens to see some of the darker stuff some people do, so it can be a real challenge.

In some ways, for me, it's a tough call between 1 and 3.
OK couple more tests - I turned on another light source in the room, a light over the room door past the character's right foot. This is a bright white spotlight at 200k lumens. I was afraid it was overpowering the orange mood lights too much but maybe not. I am tempted to make the mood lights a bit more reddish by lowering the color temperature a bit maybe.

I've also got a main ceiling light available (400k lumens white spotlight) plus 2 exterior spotlights aimed at the windows to simulate sunlight for daytime. Plus there is an exterior spotlight aimed at the city backdrop, but I've noticed the mood lights near the windows overpower any light from it and wash out the colors. Oh well that's probably acceptable for nightime.

One thing I didn't try yet was to make simulated moonlight coming in through one of the windows. Maybe once I get this other stuff all acceptable I'll work on that.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
OK couple more tests - I turned on another light source in the room, a light over the room door past the character's right foot. This is a bright white spotlight at 200k lumens. I was afraid it was overpowering the orange mood lights too much but maybe not. I am tempted to make the mood lights a bit more reddish by lowering the color temperature a bit maybe.

I've also got a main ceiling light available (400k lumens white spotlight) plus 2 exterior spotlights aimed at the windows to simulate sunlight for daytime. Plus there is an exterior spotlight aimed at the city backdrop, but I've noticed the mood lights near the windows overpower any light from it and wash out the colors. Oh well that's probably acceptable for nightime.

One thing I didn't try yet was to make simulated moonlight coming in through one of the windows. Maybe once I get this other stuff all acceptable I'll work on that.
Are both of those using the same settings? The second ones looks much brighter, but in a very believable way, I like it. It will be nice to see it fully rendered.

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes