3D-Daz Daz3d Art - Show Us Your DazSkill

5.00 star(s) 12 Votes

M7wXgJ7HfXi

Sep 9, 2019
Are both of those using the same settings? The second ones looks much brighter, but in a very believable way, I like it. It will be nice to see it fully rendered.
It's the same lights on in both. The brighter light coming from the door is more visible on the character from the side of the bed camera angle.

What I'm really doing here is teaching my self lighting by building a setting that I can try different characters in various poses and positions in the room. I've watched a few DAZ lighting tutorial videos but nothing beats playing around with it myself. (For example, I'm using Olympia 8 in these renders. She has a more olive Mediterranean skin tone. So once I'm done checking all the lights with her, I'll try a character with a paler skin tone. Then maybe after that one with a dark skin tone as well.)

Here's another view of the room with only the sunlight on and all the interior lights off.

And an image with both the ceiling light and the door light on, and all the others off.

TheDevian

Svengali Productions
Game Developer
Mar 8, 2018
It's the same lights on in both. The brighter light coming from the door is more visible on the character from the side of the bed camera angle.

What I'm really doing here is teaching my self lighting by building a setting that I can try different characters in various poses and positions in the room. I've watched a few DAZ lighting tutorial videos but nothing beats playing around with it myself. (For example, I'm using Olympia 8 in these renders. She has a more olive Mediterranean skin tone. So once I'm done checking all the lights with her, I'll try a character with a paler skin tone. Then maybe after that one with a dark skin tone as well.)

Here's another view of the room with only the sunlight on and all the interior lights off.

And an image with both the ceiling light and the door light on, and all the others off.
Very nice. The window lighting looks good.

You are ahead of me, I have barely started looking into it. I have made a lot of characters, but only built a couple sets, and didn't do much with them yet.

Beast Within

Nov 9, 2017
no post work, there is a line that separates the makeup from the normal skin. not sure if that can be corrected in daz without the use of photoshop. also, the glossyness on her hair stayed there even after I zeroed every glossy dial in surfaces tab. any advise would be appreciated.
bored.jpg

Gunsothegreat

Jun 12, 2018
no post work, there is a line that separates the makeup from the normal skin. not sure if that can be corrected in daz without the use of photoshop. also, the glossyness on her hair stayed there even after I zeroed every glossy dial in surfaces tab. any advise would be appreciated.
View attachment 425543
The makeup mis-match has only happened for me when I select makeup from a different skin material. Not sure about the glossy hair.

Reactions: Beast Within

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
OC characters ? Other culture ? Obvious cunts ? Overly cultured ? overweight chiropractors ?Help, what is oc ? I'm going to sprain my brain.
Over c(l)ocked....wait "Original character" if you really don't know :), meaning making a character with morphs and skin you won't see anywhere else, to make sure you can also sculpt and make an own skin texture.

Last edited:

CulayTL

Sneaky Bastard
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 31, 2018
No the best render but oh well.. pc couldn't handle and gave up.. lost my patience to match clothes, poses, clips, light etc..

One big happy family:

MCs Dad, MCs Mother in Law (Wife's Mother), MC, MCs Wife, and Wife's Brother.. not sure the right word in english for that.. MCs brother in law?
Anyway.. TAC FanArt

223_intel_001.png

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
Lovely very VERY great work and taste imho. If she would have a bit bigger tits she would be perfect imo. (And please don’t tell me she is futa) will there be some comic featering her?
Thanks a lot for your kind words Pogo123, much appreciated, indeed there are actual two other pics to proof she's no futa :)
Comic isn't planned atm, sorry but who knows, what is going to happen in that comic ? ;)

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: Pogo123

deepandsilent3dx

Game Developer
Dec 13, 2018
"Original character" if you really don't know :), meaning making a character with morphs and skin you won't see anywhere else, to make sure you can also sculpt and make an own skin texture.
It's called a custom character, not an original character. :rolleyes:

DonJoe

Jul 15, 2019
It's called a custom character, not an original character. :rolleyes:
I agree with you that an OC originally is a visual concept + a background/ personal story, often fanfic related (at least in visual arts).
But as the poster in question only presented his visual concept, and a lot of 3D artists use it (OC) when they've created a recognizable character they use for their renders, I'd decided to explain it that way. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 12 Votes